DEQ2496 global gain control (it has one).

Tweaker

DEQ2496 global gain control (it has one).
« on: 14 Apr 2007, 07:19 pm »
I don't know if anyone else was aware of this, I wasn't, but there is a global gain control that can be accessed in the GEQ menu. It's a new feature  as a result of a firmware update released in Sept 2003 and the manual has not been updated to reflect this.  To access it just briefly depress the upper data wheel and the small display box next to it will read "Full". You can now use the large data wheel to lower  the overall gain to compensate for any boosts you may have. For example I have a maximum boost at one point of 5 dB so I turned the overall gain down by the same amount. 
http://www.behringer.com/DEQ2496/DEQ2496_Software_Update_Information_V1_33.pdf

Hipper

Re: DEQ2496 global gain control (it has one).
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2007, 07:54 am »
Tweaker, many thanks. I wasn't aware of this.

I bought my Behringer DEQ2496 in March 2006 and whilst the software version is 1.4, which is the latest version, the manual is still 1.1 dated July 2003.

On the Behringer Download page there is a manual update to version 1.4:

http://www.behringer.com/DEQ2496/DEQ2496_Software_Update_Information_V1_4.pdf

This includes the 1.3 update and gives instructions on finding what version of software you have.

Tweaker

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2007, 10:14 am »
Hey, you're very welcome. I was pretty happy to have stumbled across this on another forum and just wanted to spread the word as I know there are a few here who own this unit.

warnerwh

« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2007, 04:50 am »
My DEQ 2496 says on top that it was made in April 2005. The version of firmware is 1.2b. How do you update your firmware?

It says something about downloading the firmware in the pdf. I presume this can be done from their site. What I need to know is how to get it from my computer to the DEQ?  Fortunately I have a laptop so if there's a USB to whatever cable I can get somewhere please tell me.

Thank You

Tweaker

« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2007, 05:27 am »
My DEQ 2496 says on top that it was made in April 2005. The version of firmware is 1.2b. How do you update your firmware?

It says something about downloading the firmware in the pdf. I presume this can be done from their site. What I need to know is how to get it from my computer to the DEQ?  Fortunately I have a laptop so if there's a USB to whatever cable I can get somewhere please tell me.

Thank You

I found a site that explains how to do this as the Behringer manual doesn't for some reason. :o  Scroll about 2/3rds down:
 http://www.icycolors.com/nu9n/deq2496.html
They didn't make it easy. :(

warnerwh

« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2007, 06:10 am »
Thanks!