What features do you feel are most important for a new subwoofer?

Kevin Haskins

Can you make it both ways?

We could....  but I don't have immediate plans for such a beast.    I don't have the resources to offer every solution so I have to choose one that will satisfy the largest number of people. 

There will be other products with the signal processing solution that I'm working on.   The subwoofer application is just the beginning.   It is an easy application to show off its power and flexiblity.  I think an active monitor project is in our future but I want to slay one dragon at a time. 

doug s.

• makin' music
i'd like to see a passive sub, forward-firing drivers, flat frequency response (anechoic) to 20hz at 120db, with less than 5% thd at 120db.  priced under $1k - closer to $500 would be better!  i don't want to see any active electronics, as there's a plethora of excellent gear - crossovers, eq's, signal processors and amps, at a wide range of prices.  i would rather have the flexibility to "roll my own", re: electronics, based upon my budget & needs.

actually, this is similar to the subs i already own, but i would always like to see competition at this price point...   aa

doug s.

MikeBfromOdyssey

I have a subwoofer that does 156DB and it takes 2000 watts, 1024 rms with dual 4 inch voice coils and a 4 inch excersion, able to do be put at 4 and 2 ohms. 300 ounce magnet, and a double stitch titanium renforces kevlar cone. the driver by its self weighs  50lbs and has a dynamic range of 150 to 10 hertz, I have it being pushed at 1020 rms and it has a lowpas gain and freq, and a EQ with a freq, bandwith, and level control, L&R input and LFE direct. In a custom Box.

Kevin Haskins

Wow..... that is one hell of a subwoofer.     :scratch:

rockadanny

Infinite variable phase control, not just a switch, is very important (to me).