KotOR

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
KotOR
« on: 28 Jul 2003, 12:23 am »
This one just came out a week or two ago, thought I'd see if anyone has had the chance to play it yet.  I've been anxious to check it out but I've been to sick to leave the house this week. :cry:

Does this one live up to the advance billing?

Woodsea

KotOR
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2003, 01:43 am »
I hope it does.  I will rent it next week and give my impressions after a week of playing it.  Right now I am enjoying my own copy of Burnout2, yes I broke down and bought it.

LordCloud

KotOR
« Reply #2 on: 1 Aug 2003, 01:10 pm »
Halo, Splinter Cell, Knights of the Old Rpublic!  If you are in any way a Star Wars fan, this game is beyond a must have! I just beat it last night as a Dark Jedi  :evil: , and as I look back on the experience I wonder how I could have ever lived without this game. Now I have to play through again and not kill everyone I meet and actually do some good in the galaxy :angel: !

Woodsea

KotOR
« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2003, 01:09 am »
I have tried to rent it @ blockbuster without any luck  :(   I guess I will have to see what I can purchase game for on E-bay. like I did the awesome Burnout2.  I have only read great things about this game.  I was going to go bad the first time through as well :finger:

bubba966

KotOR
« Reply #4 on: 2 Aug 2003, 01:42 am »
Quote from: Woodsea
I have tried to rent it @ blockbuster without any luck  :(   I guess I will have to see what I can purchase game for on E-bay. like I did the awesome Burnout2.  I have only read great things about this game.  I was going to go bad the first time through as well :finger:

Eric, do you have an Electronics Boutique/EBX in your area? I'm pretty sure they've still got a 10 day satisfaction gaurantee. If you don't like it, return it in 10 days for a full refund.

Or you can go to Costco. You've got 30 days there to return anything for any reason.

Woodsea

KotOR
« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2003, 11:25 pm »
Ok, I just returned it this am, to Blockbuster.  This game rocks, no it is not perfect.  I found it much more playable than Morrowind.  The graphics are good enough, I am fairly picky.  The reason I held off on the PS2 and bought the Xbox, for better video and then sound.  I only played it about 3/4 through the first world.  I am not even a Jedi, or for that matter a Sith yet :tempted: .  I will have this game :duel: .  I am a spendthrift, so I will continue my excursion through this Star Wars Saga when a used one pops into my machine for $30.
I was oriented to the Jedi, but longed to lay some smack down as a Sith.  Like all other reviews of this remarkable game...if you got a Box this should be in it :wink:

Woodsea

Bought the game
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2003, 01:37 am »
Well the price went down and I couldn't wait any longer.  The game is a keeper.  I highly recommend it, esp since you can really play it twice through.  The graphics are pretty sweet as I get to play it in 480p!!
I just wish I had more time to play.  But with working from 3-11p and small kids around I only get to play when I get home from work.  The sound is pure Star Wars :!:

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
KotOR
« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2003, 07:31 pm »
Sounds like I will be getting another XBox game!

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
KotOR
« Reply #8 on: 30 Oct 2003, 04:15 am »
Still don't have this game, but I have been so busy. Stopped by Wal-Mart, and they didn't have it - didn't have HALO or MechAssault either. But Splinter cell is now $29.

Woodsea

KotOR
« Reply #9 on: 4 Nov 2003, 09:48 pm »
I finished the 'Light' side.  I need a break :!:   There are rumors that add-ons with be forthcoming ,ie a new planet.  So when I linger on the Dark side of the force I shall be on a new planet as well.  A word of warning, Malek is one tough mutha.  My character this time was more of a jack of all trades, instead of just a warrior, tech, jedi.  Next time I will be using my NPC's more for the grunge work.  My Sith will be :cuss: strong in the dark arts

mcrespo71

KotOR
« Reply #10 on: 4 Nov 2003, 11:42 pm »
No kidding, Malek is stupid tough!!!  I screwed up as well the first time through not choosing my own force powers and my character was a master healer, but not too much else.  Thank God the computer maxed out my force or I would have been screwed!  This game is one of the best on Xbox!

Michael