need source for grill cloth

Nick B

need source for grill cloth
« on: 31 Mar 2007, 10:18 pm »
Well, I just placed an order for the older standard finish version of the Timepieces.   :thumb:  Got a very nice deal because Jim (aka Double Ugly) reminded me to call Bob and discuss. I ordered the speakers with grill covers and would like sources for a good color selection of grill cloth. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Double Ugly

Re: need source for grill cloth
« Reply #1 on: 1 Apr 2007, 12:13 am »
Well, I just placed an order for the older standard finish version of the Timepieces.   :thumb:  Got a very nice deal because Jim (aka Double Ugly) reminded me to call Bob and discuss. I ordered the speakers with grill covers and would like sources for a good color selection of grill cloth. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Congratulations!  I hope you enjoy them as much as I, but if not, I have big shoulders (and gut to match :() so I can take it.  :wink:

Seriously, I think you're in for a real treat.  It may take a little while before you have everything figured out (they're very different speakers, and I mean that in a good way), but I think you'll recognize what we (SP Tech owners) have all been talking about w/in the first few notes.  :thumb:

Good luck w/ the grill cloth search.  Wish I could help, but I don't have the slightest idea where to suggest you look.  Personally I like seeing the drivers, and I think the waveguide is just too cool to cover up.

-Jim

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2007, 12:19 am »

Christof

« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2007, 04:47 am »
Parts Express... http://www.partsexpress.com/?AID=1457483&PID=1345568&SID=681500 ...has grille cloth.  Here... http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-339 ...is their brown.

The PE grill cloth is nice, I've used the black on a couple DIY projects and was pleased.  Madisound probably sells it too?

Enjoy your new Timepieces and let us know what you think about them.  After living with my new Timepieces for a few days and after going back to reread other owners comments, I find it's funny how everybody seems to say the same things just with different words.  I think you just have to hear them to understand. :wink:

Nick B

« Reply #4 on: 1 Apr 2007, 03:21 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions and to Jim for reminding me of the great deal on the Timepieces and encouraging me to call. In addition to the sites suggested, I did find some sources via car audio. I presume that grill cloth would be as transparent as the stuff from Madisound or PartsExpress, but am not sure.

Nick B