Cassettes

DanTheMan

• DanTheMan's blabber
Cassettes
« on: 24 Mar 2007, 07:51 pm »
Does anyone want to sell of there cassette collection?  Just let me know if you do.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Cassettes
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2007, 08:25 pm »
Come on guys.... Somebody has to have some tapes somewhere, surely!!!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2007, 08:47 pm »
Sorry but I chucked mine in the trash last summer.  Guess I'm not the enviro friendly tree hugging type after all.  :oops:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2007, 08:51 pm »

WEEZ

« Reply #4 on: 6 Apr 2007, 09:02 pm »
DanTheMan,

I have a pretty large cassette tape collection. I would consider giving them up in exchange for a professional archiving of every one to cd..along with providing complete copies of all the liner notes, etc. I probably have 500 give or take. PM me.

WEEZ

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2007, 09:43 pm »
Dan - are you interested in a collection of blanks?

I have about 1500 in various lengths, a holdover from the days when cassettes were the only option for small bands and ensembles, since CDRs were too expensive.

I know you're probably looking for music. Cassettes can sound really very good, esp. with a decent player. Wow and particularly flutter were the achilles heel of the medium - that's why you need a decent player to enjoy them once spoiled by the perfect pitch stability of the CD format.
I have a bunch of good players for sale - maybe I should advertize them in Marketplace.

When I first got into mastering, about 1992, our first CD burner was $30,000 and blanks were $25 ea. That burner was a flop, so we had to buy another since the first was out of warranty. That only cost us $15,000. You can bet CDRs were not used casually!