ULTIMATE SILVER SERIES-C4 POWER CORD 5FT W/MARINCO

chgolatin2

ULTIMATE SILVER SERIES-C4 POWER CORD 5FT W/MARINCO
« on: 16 Mar 2007, 02:13 am »
Has anyone ordered from this seller on ebay?  PC look pretty nice and of quality money back to!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTIMATE-SILVER-SERIES-C4-POWER-CORD-5FT-W-MARINCO_W0QQitemZ270100352879QQcategoryZ32833QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

martinr

Re: ULTIMATE SILVER SERIES-C4 POWER CORD 5FT W/MARINCO
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2007, 12:50 am »
They do look good, has anyone tried em?
 aa
Martin

tonyptony

« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2007, 01:03 am »
This seller also has listings for other cable types on Audiogon. He has good feedback there, so he must be offering something that works reasonably well.

martinr

« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2007, 03:33 pm »
Heres a link to his website:
http://www.ultimatecables.com/

martinr

« Reply #4 on: 17 Mar 2007, 04:24 pm »
This guy uses 3 strands of 12 Guage 50/50 mix of 99.9% OFC copper and silver, teflon wrapped and cryogenically treated with a ferrite RF filter, he doesnt say on his web site what wrap design is used. 

I wonder what the comparison is to a VH 4 power cable that uses 4 - 12 guage strands of OFC copper with a unique wrap design? (At twice the cost?)

aa

Martin

Levi

« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2007, 05:45 pm »
Hi Martin,

It looks like the ebay seller has 100% positive feedback rating.  My suggestion would be is to try it and then let us know how it goes.

Levi

martinr

« Reply #6 on: 17 Mar 2007, 05:51 pm »
Levi,
I might do that.  I emailed ultimate cables and asked him to describe his cable wrap design.  Im goig to upgrade my gronenenberg stock power cables that came with Odyssey extreme mono's.  Soon I should have 2 volex 17604 cryo'd, Ive got one signal cable digital reference also.  I may do a cable shootout between these and whichever "final" power cable I purchase.

Levi

« Reply #7 on: 17 Mar 2007, 06:23 pm »
Great!

I have power cables from Signal Cable aswell.  I just don't believe in paying too much for a set of power cables...that's just me.

Levi

chgolatin2

« Reply #8 on: 19 Mar 2007, 03:37 pm »
I ordered the PC and Ipod cable he offers a 30 day money back guarantee so what do I have to lose?  Hopefully not much, personally I dont believe in spending $$$$$$ on speaker cables,IC's, PC's. 

For $142! you cant go wrong PERIOD!  Looking forward to hooking the PC up to my Jolida 1000RC and see what happens :) Pretty sure that it will be better than the stock PC

martinr

« Reply #9 on: 19 Mar 2007, 06:41 pm »
I ordered the PC and Ipod cable he offers a 30 day money back guarantee so what do I have to lose?  Hopefully not much, personally I dont believe in spending $$$$$$ on speaker cables,IC's, PC's. 

For $142! you cant go wrong PERIOD!  Looking forward to hooking the PC up to my Jolida 1000RC and see what happens :) Pretty sure that it will be better than the stock PC

chgolatin -
Let us know what you think of the cable once you've had it in for awhile. 

aa

Martin

chgolatin2

« Reply #10 on: 13 Apr 2007, 05:19 pm »
Hey Guys, well this PC is impressive compared to my stock PC, more bass extension, more definition in the sound alot of more clarity as well.  The only thing that I am concern with is the filter, wish I could do a test without the RF filter but so far I like the PC.  Very good and for $80 you cant beat it.  Also, his Ipod cable is THE BOMB! Good stuff.  You have to give the cord the proper break in period for sure to appreciate the PC.

Overall I am impressed

(Disclaimer) I am no "Audiophile"  :wink:

AB

« Reply #11 on: 13 Apr 2007, 05:48 pm »
Hey Guys, well this PC is impressive compared to my stock PC, more bass extension, more definition in the sound alot of more clarity as well.  The only thing that I am concern with is the filter, wish I could do a test without the RF filter but so far I like the PC.  Very good and for $80 you cant beat it.  Also, his Ipod cable is THE BOMB! Good stuff.  You have to give the cord the proper break in period for sure to appreciate the PC.

Overall I am impressed

(Disclaimer) I am no "Audiophile"  :wink:

Well, you just reviewed a power cable and you recommended proper "break in" of said power cable, therefore you are an audiophile.