Can Timepiece 2.1s be found used?

PhishPhan

Can Timepiece 2.1s be found used?
« on: 14 Mar 2007, 02:03 am »
Do the Timepiece 2.1s ever pop up used? I've yet to see these gems offered as such. After reading up as much as I could on these the bug has bitten me again and it's starting to itch. I'd really like to hear these. Only problem is they're a bit out of my price range new :?. I'm a poor college student graduating in the spring, and I think I'd like to get myself a nice graduation gift aa.

Also, I've read that they like power. I have a Jungson JA-88D integrated. It's 80W of class A, but I've read that this is a fairly conservative rating. Would this amp do these speakers justice or am I marching down the wrong path?

Bill

gongos

Re: Can Timepiece 2.1s be found used?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2007, 02:17 am »
Used=no.

Bob was selling a couple 2.1 pairs with an older finish for $1900. Send him an email, maybe a pair is still available.

PhishPhan

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2007, 03:24 am »
:(

I was hoping maybe someone with a pair of Timepiece 2.1s might be upgrading to something further up the SP line.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2007, 03:45 am »
PhishPhan....

I think over the last two years I've only seen three SP Tech speakers ever come up for sale used. They really are a good speaker, and most owners are very happy to own them.
As gongos said....you best bet is to check with Bob. Good luck.... :thumb:

Chris

gongos

« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2007, 03:48 am »

I was hoping maybe someone with a pair of Timepiece 2.1s might be upgrading to something further up the SP line.

Even if someone sold a pair, I doubt they'd be less than $1900.

PhishPhan

« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2007, 04:08 am »
Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

Before I begin to really pursue this I was hoping someone could answer the second part of my question. Is my Jungson gonna be able to do these speakers justice?

Double Ugly

« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2007, 04:15 am »

I'm upgrading to the Revelations (:bowdown:), but there's no way I'm getting rid of the 2.1s.  IMO, they are as they say 'stupid good' for the money, and I'm keeping them in the hope I'll someday have room for a surround system.   aa

As for your Jungson, yes, I'd say it will drive the Timepieces to your satisfaction.  My monoblocks are 100W of Class A, and though I know the Timepieces can handle a *LOT* of power with aplomb, I'm too happy with the sound I'm getting now to change.  I suspect you'd find the same to be true of your Jungson, assuming you're happy with its sonics.

-Jim
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2007, 08:28 am by Double Ugly »

lonewolfny42

« Reply #7 on: 14 Mar 2007, 04:20 am »
Is my Jungson gonna be able to do these speakers justice?

I don't own the TP2.1 ....I have the TP2.0.
With the TP2.0....you do need power. Double Ugly/Jim owns both TP models. I believe the TP2.1's are less power hungry. Maybe he'll check in....or you can send him a PM and ask about the power question for the 2.1's.... :thumb:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2007, 04:22 am »
I guess he did check in..... :?

gongos

« Reply #9 on: 14 Mar 2007, 04:46 am »

Before I begin to really pursue this I was hoping someone could answer the second part of my question. Is my Jungson gonna be able to do these speakers justice?

Bob said one of the better amps he's heard with the Revelations was a Response Audio modified Jolida 801a. It only puts out 70 watts a channel. Needless to say, it's not always about brute force.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: 14 Mar 2007, 04:52 am »

Bob said one of the better amps he's heard with the Revelations was a Response Audio modified Jolida 801a. It only puts out 70 watts a channel. Needless to say, it's not always about brute force.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=10650.0

"If you get the Jolida unit that we auditioned (can't remember the model # right now - will update), it has a variable input gain control so set-up will be a piece of cake.  Now, wire that sucker up to the tweeter/waveguide section of the speaker.  Then make sure you use a good solid-state amp on the woofers (which you probably already have)."