Impressions today of Sig 30, Olive Musica mod and Klipsch Forte speakers

Flashman

• Devialet Expert 220 Pro and Vivd Oval 1.5s
So, Christmas in the guise of USPS arrived today.  In two compact boxes, I got the Sig 30 and the return of my (now) modded Olive Musica.  In a little less than an hour, I had everything tricked out and I sat back to listen.  Whoa!  Using the music I had previously burned to the hard drive, I heard some incredible sounds emanating from my system.

I had been addicted to my Cayin TA30 integrated tube amp modified by Bizzy Bee -- a really great match with my Klipsch (original) Forte speakers (vintage 1987) with horn-loaded tweets/sqwaker and woofer with passive radiator, recently modified with new crossovers by the man himself, Bob Crites of Arkansas. 

It's a new day, now.

It's hard to believe the Sig 30 -- and I guess the Musica as well -- open up more in the 100-200 hour range.  I am hearing unworldly stuff. It's downright spooky to hear sounds from around the corner... sort of like the scene in "Rosemary's Baby" where you are looking through an ajar door at Rosemary and you can only see half of her.  In the theater, everybody craned their necks as if they thought they could actually see the rest of Rosemary AROUND THE DOOR FRAME!  (I love Roman Polanski's technique.)  That's just the impression I got tonight with the music.  Pretty amazing.

Thanks Vinnie, the world of music has now opened up to me again.  Even my 55-year-young ears can hear the magic.

all best and I will keep you posted,

Flashman

Sigfreed

Oh my gosh Flashman if you started plugging and playing and enjoyed immediately then you are going to be even more happier in a little while.I have a Sig 30 i am just burning in now and i would say that i am at the 50-60 hour mark but that is not with loud music being played through it.Just sometimes am i able to do that.I didn't post this initially but the first few hours for me with loud music were VERY hard on my ears and i was not to happy and then all of a sudden around the 5 hour mark things changed significantly for the better and i really started hearing the magic unfolding that this amp has to offer.Being impressed every day now and can't wait to fire up the Sig and sit and listen when i can.Yeah those highs and what i would describe as hardness were really rough for me initially but man oh man have things changed since those first few hours.Vinnie said not to do a critical listen until at least 100 hours but i couldn't help myself and i think i am one of those guys that likes to enjoy the burn in process and see what the heck exactly is changing as it does.It's been ALL good since and getting better it seems day by day.Enjoy, and yes i know i personally would like to hear more about your sonic journey with your new Sig 30! Congrats!    :beer:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
It's hard to believe the Sig 30 -- and I guess the Musica as well -- open up more in the 100-200 hour range.  I am hearing unworldly stuff. It's downright spooky to hear sounds from around the corner

Thanks Vinnie, the world of music has now opened up to me again.  Even my 55-year-young ears can hear the magic.

all best and I will keep you posted

Hi Flashman,

Thank you for posting your initial impressions and keeping us posted.  It was a pleasure to read your post and I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your music all over again  :D

Quote from: SigFreed
Vinnie said not to do a critical listen until at least 100 hours but i couldn't help myself and i think i am one of those guys that likes to enjoy the burn in process and see what the heck exactly is changing as it does.It's been ALL good since and getting better it seems day by day.

SigFreed,

Sounds like you are getting on those burn-in hours, and I agree... Flashman is going to hear how much better things are going to sound  aa

Thanks to both of you for joining this forum and posting your findings here!

Best regards,

Vinnie