has anyone used Decware's source selector with the Sig 30?

azivian

hi everyone,
i've recently got my hands on a Sig 30, which sounds fantastic!  only issue is that i'd like more inputs.  i cant shell out the $500 right's  now for Vinnie's source selector, so i was wondering what everyone's thought are on the Decware, wich goes for around $100?
I hope it is not rude of me to ask this question here.
on another note.  I am running my sig 30 with omega super 3xrs's , whith the new hemp drivers.  and everything sounds so smooth and just incredible, and there's still a bunch of break in time left.  so thanks Vinnie , for putting out such a wonderful product.!
alex

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: has anyone used Decware's source selector with the Sig 30?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2007, 04:10 am »
Hi azivian,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

I am not familiar with Decware products, but I did see the "rotary switch box" on their website.

I'm not sure what type of switch it uses, the internal wiring, or the RCA jacks... but the price is right so I'd give it a shot!  8)

I am running my sig 30 with omega super 3xrs's , whith the new hemp drivers.  and everything sounds so smooth and just incredible, and there's still a bunch of break in time left.  so thanks Vinnie , for putting out such a wonderful product.!

Nice combo, and please keep us posted once you break everything in!  :)

Best regards,

Vinnie

azivian

« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar 2007, 05:17 pm »
thanks vinnie,
i think i might give it a shot.  i'll let you know how it sounds/works.  I'll still probably get one of yours in the future though, for synergy purposes and to keep the matching look.
looking forward to the imod too!
alex

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
« Reply #3 on: 4 Mar 2007, 09:21 pm »
Azivian:

Just thought I'd throw my two pennies your way to let you know that the Sig 3S does nothing to the music.
Nothing. Having the same internal wiring and the same make (Tact) for the source selector it simply allows one to channel between sources. Its just an extension of an already suberb product.
And it does look great having the same casing.

nonoise

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 4 Mar 2007, 09:52 pm »
Steve Deckert hand builds in America's heartland.  I've never known him not to stand behind his stuff.  Quality of build is good and his prices are reasonable.

I hung around Decware for years because I admire much of the scene there, but never cared for the house sound (bass thin and almost solid state sounding).  Over the years his products have grown in wattage, size, and price.  Finally I chose speakers that had no Decware solution.

nodiak

« Reply #5 on: 4 Mar 2007, 10:52 pm »
azivian, I've had the Decware rotary switch box and used it with a Decware zsla-1 tube line stage. That was a good combo. The switch box did no harm sonically and I would expect it to work well with Vinnies amps, especially if Vinnie sees no problem. I don't know what parts it's made of but it was well built and the rca's and switches were high quality. Nice firm feel to the switch. I have thought about getting another one, so if you get one and then decide to sell it...let me know  :wink:
Don

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 5 Mar 2007, 03:45 am »
Having the same internal wiring and the same make (Tact) for the source selector it simply allows one to channel between sources. Its just an extension of an already suberb product.
And it does look great having the same casing.

nonoise

Hi nonoise,

I know you meant to say DACT (instead of TacT)  :green:

Info on the DACT switch that I use can be found here:
http://www.dact.com/html/input_selectors.html

Thanks for feedback on the Sig 3S!

Hi Nodiak,

Thanks for confirming the Decware switch box is good quality... I'll keep this in mind for an alternative for my customers looking for the functionality of the Signature 3S, but are on a budget.

Best regards,

Vinnie

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
« Reply #7 on: 5 Mar 2007, 07:18 am »
My bad. :lol:

nonoise

nodiak

« Reply #8 on: 6 Mar 2007, 07:09 pm »
Hi Vinnie, no problem , hope it helps you sell more amps  :D
Don

David C.

« Reply #9 on: 17 Mar 2007, 06:37 pm »
I've been using a Decware rotary switch box with my potted stereo Clari-T for about 2 years, and I'm very happy with it. Materials and build quality are very good and the price is excellent.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #10 on: 19 Mar 2007, 02:00 pm »
Hi David C.

Welcome to the RWA forum, and thank you for your feedback... It sounds like this Decware rotary switch box is a winner!

Thanks again,

Vinnie