REVIEW of SP TECHNOLOGY Revelation MR-1 MKII Loudspeakers

Freejazz

Re: REVIEW of SP TECHNOLOGY Revelation MR-1 MKII Loudspeakers
« Reply #20 on: 3 Mar 2007, 05:00 pm »
Sounds Good Jim ...  I am trying to shake the flu, so it may take a couple days for the photos.  I think both of these preamps are pretty darn interesting, albeit different with approaches.

Thanks Steve ... yes, sometimes we seem to dwell on the lesser side of it all! 
I can see it is time for a roadtrip for you.  :wink:

Double Ugly

« Reply #21 on: 3 Mar 2007, 05:07 pm »
It seems the call will have to wait since we're soon to be on our way to Ohio where my father-in-law is critically ill.  He's spent more time in ICU and CCU than at home the past 6 months, and it seems he won't be leaving the hospital of his own accord this time.  This according to the call we received this morning.  :(

I'll give you a call sometime after we return.

Regards,

-Jim

Freejazz

« Reply #22 on: 3 Mar 2007, 05:12 pm »
Thoughts are with Kandy, you and your families Jim ... safe travels and great Peace for all.

Scott
« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2007, 05:28 pm by Freejazz »

TomS

« Reply #23 on: 3 Mar 2007, 07:59 pm »
It seems the call will have to wait since we're soon to be on our way to Ohio where my father-in-law is critically ill.  He's spent more time in ICU and CCU than at home the past 6 months, and it seems he won't be leaving the hospital of his own accord this time.  This according to the call we received this morning.  :(

I'll give you a call sometime after we return.

Regards,

-Jim
Be safe Jim.  Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.  Tom

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #24 on: 3 Mar 2007, 09:54 pm »
Jim,

As I hope you know, my heart & prayers with you and Kandy.  Be safe...it's bad weather up here.

-Bob

Double Ugly

« Reply #25 on: 4 Mar 2007, 04:09 am »
Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers and condolences.  My father-in-law passed away before we could get out of town, so it appears we won't be leaving for a few days.

Bob - I need to speak w/ you at your earliest convenience.  Please let me know if there's a time tomorrow that will work.

Thanks.

-Jim

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #26 on: 4 Mar 2007, 04:16 am »
So sorry about this, Jim.
Best wishes to you and Kandy during this time.

Russell

Double Ugly

« Reply #27 on: 4 Mar 2007, 04:21 am »
Thanks, Russell. 

WOR Radio

• Main Website
« Reply #28 on: 4 Mar 2007, 04:44 am »
My Sincere condolences Jim.

Give my regards to your entire family.

Nick B

« Reply #29 on: 4 Mar 2007, 05:30 am »
Jim
Very sorry to hear the sad news. I enjoy reading your posts on AC and appreciate our occasional communication via PM's.
Sincerely,
Nick

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #30 on: 8 Mar 2007, 05:27 pm »
Jim,

You have my sincere condolances. Please pass on my thoughts to Kandy as she deals with the loss of her father.

Safe Travels,

Joe

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #31 on: 8 Mar 2007, 05:31 pm »
Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers and condolences.  My father-in-law passed away before we could get out of town, so it appears we won't be leaving for a few days.

Bob - I need to speak w/ you at your earliest convenience.  Please let me know if there's a time tomorrow that will work.

Thanks.

-Jim

Sorry to hear about Kandy's father.

My prayers to you and your extended family Jim.

George

ooheadsoo

« Reply #32 on: 8 Mar 2007, 05:41 pm »
Sorry to hear that, Jim. 

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #33 on: 8 Mar 2007, 05:56 pm »
Hello Jim,
 I just happened across this news. Very sorry to hear about your loss. Our condolances to Kandy yourself and family.

Bill & Leann

Double Ugly

« Reply #34 on: 9 Mar 2007, 01:46 am »
Thanks everyone.  I've stopped in Tennessee to visit my terminally-ill father on our way back from Ohio, but Kandy read the thread and asked that I offer her appreciation for your thoughts and prayers.

Bob - I apologize for derailing what should have been a feel-good thread about a great speaker.  I should've handled things via PM or call, but I was in a hurry and wasn't thinking clearly.  Please feel free to move my posts to the IGW or other suitable location.

Best regards, and thanks again.

-Jim

PeteG

« Reply #35 on: 9 Mar 2007, 02:07 am »
Jim

My condolences to Kandy and you, and very sorry to hear about your dad.

prayers and thoughts.

Pete

Double Ugly

« Reply #36 on: 9 Mar 2007, 03:08 am »
Thank you, Pete. 

It's sadly ironic given what our current trip was/is all about.  :?

-Jim

John Casler

« Reply #37 on: 9 Mar 2007, 05:23 am »

-Jim

Jim,

Sorry to hear of your loss.  Funny thing about those Dads, Pa's, Pop's, Father's, Popa's or whatever you find yourself calling them, no matter how much you appreciate them when they are here, you find you appreciate them even more once they move on.

Its been a while now since my father (Pop) passed, and I doubt a day goes by that I don't have him in my thoughts.

I hope you find that spirit in your day too.

I know I don't have to tell you to take good care of Kandy, since you have made me perfectly aware that you do that without thinking.

When the feeling of loss begins to recede, you'll begin to realize that the memories you have gained from having him in both your lives was his last gift.

Take care.

Double Ugly

« Reply #38 on: 9 Mar 2007, 08:50 am »
Thank you for the kind words, John.

-Jim

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #39 on: 9 Mar 2007, 02:10 pm »
Jim,

Bob - I apologize for derailing what should have been a feel-good thread about a great speaker.  I should've handled things via PM or call, but I was in a hurry and wasn't thinking clearly.  Please feel free to move my posts to the IGW or other suitable location.

Ain't gonna happen.  We're a family here in the SP Tech circle and anybody that reads Scott's review and this thread is going to see that.  As far as I'm concerned, that's as important as anything to do with any speaker.  If they don't like it or think it's inappropriate...

IMHO, audio is about music and music is a celebration of life.  People are the cornerstone, not the peripherals (equipment).  When life is working for us, all these other things are just frosting on the cake.  When life doesn't work the way we would want it to, it's far more serious than any piece of equipment doing the same.  Your recent experiences should serve to remind us all about what is really important.  In that, this thread and your issue is doing exactly what I would hope it would do.

As we've just recently spoken, you know my heart goes out to you and Kandy.  Try to find some peace and rest during this time.  FWIW, I am comforted by the fact that I know you know where to find it.  You guys are in my prayers.

God bless,

PS.  I'm going this afternoon to talk to those people again.
-Bob