Ghost Rider

Folsom

Ghost Rider
« on: 27 Feb 2007, 02:17 am »
Totally a giant waste, piece of crap, stupid, awful movie.

Big fight scenes were not even in the budget, neither was decent dialog.

If you pay money for this your a fool. This is bad like Sci-Fi channel movies and worse.

Wind Chaser

Re: Ghost Rider
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2007, 02:29 am »
Did you pay money to see it?  aa

Folsom

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2007, 02:30 am »
I have to stress some more....

FREAKING A GRADE CLASS STUPID. NO GOOD FIGHTING, IT WAS COMPLETELY AS LAME AS POSSIBLE, NOT ONE GOOD PART.

The only things that make me ok with knowing I watched it all the way through is the actress is atractive, the old guy acts well and looked great as a rider, and there was some song in it that was not awful. If it were not for those I would be surely ashamed of myself for downloading it. (could not take risk not knowing if it would be any good, to pay money for)

Singapura

« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2007, 03:32 am »
I saw that movie last week and didn't think it was that bad. Sure, it didn't stick to the GR comics storyline but show me a movie that does! I think that if Nicolas Cage wasn't in it it would be a C movie though. I had an entertaining evening and expected nothing more than that.

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2007, 03:47 am »
The previews looked bad (but better in High Def.  :))
Sad when my main reason for even considering it was to watch Eva Mendes for a short while?  Strange casting I think as well.

Folsom

« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2007, 04:09 am »
The lines in that movie could not of been any worse.... I would of been more pleased with grunting.

"You're going down" blahahahaha :lol:

JohnR

« Reply #6 on: 27 Feb 2007, 04:37 am »
Hah! C'mon get over it ;) I enjoyed it, and frankly I've never much liked Nicholas Cage but I really did in this movie. So the Ghost Rider itself was kinda lame but hey, it's entertainment, a couple of hours not doing something more "important." And I thought the babes were hot, so there :lol:

jakepunk

« Reply #7 on: 27 Feb 2007, 04:56 am »
I knew to stay away when I saw it was advertised during American Chopper.

Singapura, you are an avatar thief!

John Ashman

• http://forum.adnm.com
« Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2007, 05:00 am »
Looks kinda fun to me.  I used to be a Ghost Rider comic fan and don't remember too many "fights" going on.  More like him just "owning" (or scaring the crap out of) people.   I thought the Fantastic Four was a blast, though certainly not serious cinema. 

PhilNYC

« Reply #9 on: 4 Mar 2007, 04:14 pm »
Saw this earlier this week.  Hands down winner for worst movie-adaptation of a comic book.  :evil:

griller

« Reply #10 on: 28 Mar 2007, 07:58 pm »
Started to watch on line and decided just about anytying was a better use of my time.

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #11 on: 28 Mar 2007, 09:14 pm »
Best line in the movie is when Fonda goes; "Nice bike"  :thumb: :green:

The rest of it is forgettable, and yeah, not worth paying to see.

mcrespo71

« Reply #12 on: 4 Apr 2007, 02:16 pm »
Saw this earlier this week.  Hands down winner for worst movie-adaptation of a comic book.  :evil:

Hmmmm. I think I disliked Elektra more.

Bigfish

« Reply #13 on: 8 Apr 2007, 12:44 am »
I saw this movie in the small town of Franklin, VA at 5:00PM for $3.50 and I darn near walked out of the threatre.  My wife would not even clasify this as a "rental."

Ken

JohninCR

« Reply #14 on: 8 Apr 2007, 12:51 am »
Rented a pirate copy (about the only thing available here in CR).  Fell asleep.  Thank goodness I didn't go to the theater, because the result would have been the same, so I saved money and embarrassment.

texasphile

« Reply #15 on: 16 Apr 2007, 01:36 am »
Gee guys, I saw Ghost Rider the week after it came out and I thought it was decent way to waste 90 minutes of my life.  I especially liked the motorcycle (non-possessed).  The style of the bike was Captain America from Easy Rider, starring Peter Fonda, and the paint job on the tank was from Dennis Hopper's motorcycle on Easy Rider (I can't remember the name of his bike).  I don't know, I thought the whole film was a snarky hoot.  A minion of the Devil not just escaping the "Loss of Your Soul to Damnation" clause, but beating him at his own game, that's an interesting premise, especially so since he was already possessed instead of the usual, "You have until the next full moon, at which time your soul will be mine." 

Then again, I found Van Helsing entertaining, along with UnderWorld, UltraViolet, and some other very poorly rated films.  I guess if the film doesn't take itself seriously and it features beautiful looking women, then it just makes it more fun to watch.  I hadn't read the Ghost Rider comics since around 1975, my memories of it were pretty hazy, so I wouldn't be criticizing the movie versus the comic book (or graphic novel if you are into that).  Sorry that you didn't like it.

Chris

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 21 Jun 2007, 04:35 am »

Then again, I found Van Helsing entertaining, along with UnderWorld, UltraViolet, and some other very poorly rated films.  I guess if the film doesn't take itself seriously and it features beautiful looking women, then it just makes it more fun to watch.  I hadn't read the Ghost Rider comics since around 1975, my memories of it were pretty hazy, so I wouldn't be criticizing the movie versus the comic book (or graphic novel if you are into that).  Sorry that you didn't like it.

Chris

I also loved Underworld & Ultraviolet- I think we have the same criteria! aa :lol:  While I was at BB last nite I picked up Ghost Rider and was pleasantly surprised.  IMO it was pretty decent, not as good as Spiderman, X-Men or Batman but better than Daredevil, The Hulk, Hellboy or Blade 3.  The lambasting it got seems a bit unwarranted to me.  YMMV.

PhilNYC

« Reply #17 on: 21 Jun 2007, 11:43 am »
but better than Daredevil, The Hulk, Hellboy or Blade 3.  The lambasting it got seems a bit unwarranted to me.  YMMV.

I thought Hellboy was very good...!  8) 

I recently saw The Hulk again, and yeah, that was bad.  But I still thought Ghost Rider was worse. :thumbdown:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 21 Jun 2007, 08:21 pm »
I disliked Hellboy when I saw it in the theater but liked it better the 2nd time thru on DVD.  Still, it was no masterpeice.  Ditto for the Hulk, not a complete waste of time, just a bit disappointing.  I see that a 2nd Hulk is forthcoming with a new cast, which seems like a shame.  Bana was very good as was Jennifer Connelly.  Apparently neither was interested in reprising their roles.

PhilNYC

« Reply #19 on: 21 Jun 2007, 08:28 pm »
I see that a 2nd Hulk is forthcoming with a new cast, which seems like a shame.  Bana was very good as was Jennifer Connelly.  Apparently neither was interested in reprising their roles.

It's actually going to be a "re-do" for the Hulk; it isn't a sequel, so I don't think they even asked Bana or Connelly to repeat their roles.