Volume control sensitivity re: SWL 9.0SE

modwright

Re: Volume control sensitivity re: SWL 9.0SE
« Reply #20 on: 30 Mar 2007, 02:57 am »
Hi guys, hard to tell who is who from the monikers vs. email addresses and customer names.

I assume the problem here is the strange action of the remote volume control?  There have only been about 4-5 cases of this every, i.e. < 1% of all units in the field.  If there is a correlation between the new supply and this phenomenon, then I will certainly look into it.  As for now, I can send a new PIC chip to see if this solves the problem.  I would also recommend new batteries for the remote.

I have not experienced this with our new custom remotes at all.  I am expecting a shipment of these in about a week to ten days.

Please contact me again if any of you are encountering this problem and we will get it resolved ASAP.

Thanks,

Dan

mtodde

« Reply #21 on: 22 Apr 2007, 03:03 am »
I never had any issues with the old remote...but after using the new one the past two days I can say that it definitely offers a finer level of control and I wouldn't want to go back to the original style remote.

teros1

• Take control, use DSP
    • Bay Area Audiophile Society
« Reply #22 on: 23 Apr 2007, 04:23 am »
The Logitech "Harmony" series of universal remotes supports Modwright.

They are very cool, and I use them for all my AV systems.

I couldn't swear to it, but I think that their volume control is a bit finer.

Available at Amazon and many other places...recommended.   :thumb:

Bob

teros1

• Take control, use DSP
    • Bay Area Audiophile Society
« Reply #23 on: 25 Apr 2007, 02:49 am »
BTW, I have had mostly good success with these attenuators:

http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk/html/inline_attenuators.html

Note: On one of my systems, I felt that these removed a bit of 'bite' and 'energy' from the music.

For the price, I believe that they are a good thing to have in my toolkit. I'm using them in my present system to great effect as we speak.

I am a big fan of Andrew's IC's too!

Bob