New 6 Moons article on the Signature 70s and Yamamoto set amp

cfcjb

Re: New 6 Moons article on the Signature 70s and Yamamoto set amp
« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2007, 10:47 pm »
Well, well, well,  I have to say that I'm blown away by the standard of discourse that this thread has generated. This started off for me, as a way of generating further discussion on the Sig 70s by highlighting the article written by Mike. It has evolved from that into dissertations on the very premise of reviews, subjectivity Vs objectivity and personal insights into how an audiophile develops the facility to wander alone into the forest of products and come out the other side (financially) unscathed.

Life is short and the sooner that people stop listening to the siren song that is the pursuit of the absolute sound then the happier they will be. Manufacturers and reviewers have their own vested interests. We as audiophiles have ours. The twain sometimes meet but for the most part, they do not.

Vinnie runs this forum for the edification of his customers (and prospective customers) and to promote his products. But what has been written in this thread, within his circle, elevates not only us but him as well. That such learned and erudite people are willing to contribute their thoughts not only on his products but on audio in general speaks to the esteem in which we hold Vinnie, his company, his circle and each other.

R,
J.

shep

I feel like I'm in church suddenly :o why are we all speaking in hushed tones? Will somebody please take the sacred cow outside...Vinnie please say something naughty :oops: Obviously good manners dictate thay we don't dis 'their" gear in "their" circle! That's not what I'm talking about. Forget it..I'm WAY off topic.

chckr

Wow, that's a lot of keystrokes and some interesting dialogue!  Hope everyone was enjoying their RWA kit in the process.   :dance:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
All,

I'm finally back, catching up on all the posts on AC, and bangin' away at the keyboard.  :banana piano:

First, I want to offer a belated congratulations Miklorsmith for getting into 6moons and starting his own column... the Outside Files!  :thumb:

I have to say that I'm blown away by the standard of discourse that this thread has generated. This started off for me, as a way of generating further discussion on the Sig 70s by highlighting the article written by Mike. It has evolved from that into dissertations on the very premise of reviews, subjectivity Vs objectivity and personal insights into how an audiophile develops the facility to wander alone into the forest of products and come out the other side (financially) unscathed.

I agree that this thread has evolved into something a lot bigger and deeper, and I see that there was another thread here on AC about this:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=37764.0

and now things will continue here on audionervosa:

http://www.audionervosa.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=38

I feel like I'm in church suddenly  why are we all speaking in hushed tones? Will somebody please take the sacred cow outside...Vinnie please say something naughty  Obviously good manners dictate thay we don't dis 'their" gear in "their" circle! That's not what I'm talking about. Forget it..I'm WAY off topic.

Hi Shep,

ShitBitchFuck....there, I said something naughty!  :lol:

I don't think anyone here is speaking in hushed tones, and I think this thread has brought up some really good discussion.

Thanks to everyone for contributing!

Vinnie

shep

:lol: :lol: thank you!

Dmason

Vinnie,

That is NO way for a father to speak in polite company.

What I like about the audio hobby is that it is ....genteel.  :roll: :lol: :lol: