GK1-R board layouts

Grumpy_Git

GK1-R board layouts
« on: 21 Feb 2007, 10:25 am »
Does anybody have dimensions including hole centre guides and diameters for the relay board and push button boards for the GK1-R, also tube socket diameters and c2c distances. 1:1 scans would also be nice.

I really want to get someone to drill me a pretty case, any ideas for specific companies in the UK? I've tried metal fab shops and they aren't interested in such a small job.

cheers

Nick.

PS: This is mainly so I don't electrocute myself and have a nice looking hi-fi again. figuring out what to do with holes for the tubes is a whole other problem as mounting points for the board in the base and tube hole alignment on a top plate is a bitch.

Rom

Re: GK1-R board layouts
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2007, 11:09 am »
Hi Nick,

I don't have the dimensions for the tube Center to center, what I can tell is how I did mine.

I use a photocopy of the main board, secure them on the alum plate ( tape will do )center punch the mounting hole and the center for the tubes.

Drill those mounting hole, drill from small bit to bigger bit for the tube ( step drill bit will be nice if you have) until I used the biggest bit I have. from that I slowly file the holes until I have the desired hole size and doing this I can also slightly re align the hole, the tube socket may not be centered perfectlly as this depends on how it was set prior to soldering.

Sound simple is it?

See the result here.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=442&pos=9

cheers
rom

fajimr

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2007, 01:33 pm »
nick

if I remember tonight (writing a note right now) I will bring in the schematic and scan tomorrow .... PM me with your e-mail address and I'll see if I can't get that out tomorrow.

jim

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2007, 02:03 pm »
Jim

Thanks very much, I'll try to PM later as the office firewall is not letting me and I'm off to donate blood in a bit.

ROM
I should have done photocopies from new of the boards but I was never going to make a case at the beginning as I've no aptitude for it so its all bolted to an old sheet of steel at the moment, and I want to just swap everything over once a new case arrives. I want to get a nice case made up (possibly by the Hifi-2000 people in italy.) with sexy milled front plate etc...

thanks all

Nick.

AKSA

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2007, 10:12 pm »
Nick,

Some of this is in the documentation, no?

I am incredibly pushed for time at present;  head gasket just broke on my car, dammit, and a trip to South Australia tomorrow, but Rom's suggestion is really good, works well.  Photocopy, on a quality machine with non-distorting optics, or a scanner (place right in the centre of the scan range) or even take up the pcb and measure it off with an accurate caliper.

I don't have the figures off hand, but I can tell you c to c distance between the tubes is 70.4mm.

Cheers,

Hugh

fajimr

« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2007, 03:20 pm »
nick

sorry last night came and went and I forgot   :oops:  my aging memory, I fear  :duh:
do you still need this?  if so I will actually take the note out of my wallet tonight and read it...

jim

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2007, 06:10 pm »
Jim

Yes Please, every little helps me.....

cheers

Nick

fajimr

« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2007, 02:27 pm »
nick

I had a look at my GK-1 instructions last night and for the life of me couldn't figure out where I saw the full schematic with both tubes???  I know I wasn't imagining it but they are certainly not in the instructions I found?  Is there a supplementary manual that I have mislocated?

I'll dig around some more this weekend... I'm sure I have looked at it.

sorry for the delay- I imagine you'd like to get rolling on this... not sure if someone else can step in at this point

jim

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2007, 02:54 pm »
Jim/everyone

I know that I can get the dimensions for the rear sockets from the assembly manual, and hugh has, kindly as ever, provided some relevant info regarding the valve spacing.  :thumb:

What I really could do with is a dimensioned layout of the button/LED/IR sensor spacings and diameters. :wink:

Unfortunately I can't scan or photocopy what I've got.  :cry:

Thanks everyone

Nick.

RonR

« Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2007, 10:25 pm »
Hi Nick,

Here's what I have on the Pushbutton board. It's not exactly to scale but it's close. Measurements are fairly accurate
(within 0.5mm).
LEDs are 3mm dia, the buttons are 11.7mm.
The mounting holes are 3.65mm dia.

Cheers,

Ron.

P.S. I still owe you a listen to the Lifeforce!
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2007, 01:23 pm by RonR »

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #10 on: 24 Feb 2007, 04:48 pm »
Ron

Thats perfect thanks!

I will take you up on the offer of a listening session but life is a rush for me at the moment, my girlfriend is working in Paris so I'm expected to have regular trips over, and I'm also trying to find the time to find a flat to buy.

I'll pm you once I know when I'm next free. (oh and I'm living in Beckenham at the moment so getting to Orpington is EASY)

cheers

Nick.

AKSA

« Reply #11 on: 25 Feb 2007, 11:00 am »
Hi Ron,

Many, many thanks - this is information I do not have to hand, and I'm most grateful you could supply it to Nick.

Nick, I roared with laughter at your CD choice.......

Cheers,

Hugh