Anyone here NOT using an Odyssey preamp with your Odyssey amp?

Digi-G

Re: Anyone here NOT using an Odyssey preamp with your Odyssey amp?
« Reply #20 on: 19 Feb 2007, 07:33 pm »
I'm using a Denon AVR-3300 as my pre.  My system does double duty for movies and music and the Denon gives me LOTS of flexibility.

I haven't had a chance to hear another pre- in my system, although I would really like to, especially one with tubes.  One of these days...

DMi

« Reply #21 on: 19 Feb 2007, 11:27 pm »
Anthem AVM-30 Preamp Processor with Stratos Extreme Monobloc SE's. Waiting on my upgrade to a HT-3 Stratos for surround duty. Monos are driving Magneplaner 1.6Qr in bi-wired mode.

I have two systems but this one does double duty as stereo and mult-channel.

Doug

Wolfman

« Reply #22 on: 20 Feb 2007, 02:33 am »
  Supratek Syrah driving Mono S.E.s. No probs at all with the 10k input impedance,sounds great.   :thumb:

bearsfan

« Reply #23 on: 22 Feb 2007, 07:51 am »
Hi,

I ran a pair of Khartago monos with a Modwright 9.0SE. I have another Khart coming, and that will be used with a Rogue Perseus. I agree with the others that have stated that a tubed pre with any of Klaus's amp are a good thing...FWIW..

Bearsfan

wych

« Reply #24 on: 25 Feb 2007, 04:59 pm »
Hi Bearsfan,
Would you post a review of the Rogue Perseus preamp? I am looking for a tube preamp with phono input. I have Maggie 1.6's and Khartago Monos. Anyone else have experience with the Jolida Music Envoy preamp? I don't want to spend more than what I put into the maggies for upgrading my components.

F-100

« Reply #25 on: 25 Feb 2007, 05:52 pm »
I'm currently using Promitheus TVC passive preamp with my Stratos Extreme and this combination provides the best sound ever since I've own my Odyssey amps in the past 6 years. The TVC is dead quiet, no noise whatsoever even with my ears next to the speakers and match perfectly with Stratos. You guys have to try this preamp out to understand what I'm talking about.  :thumb:

TomS

« Reply #26 on: 25 Feb 2007, 06:12 pm »
Sonic Euphoria PLC with the Extremes

F-100

« Reply #27 on: 25 Feb 2007, 08:42 pm »
F-100, what other preamps have you used with the SE's?

Here is the list of preamp that I've used in the past with my SE's:
1. Tempest
2. Bottlehead Foreplay
3. Tempest Extreme
4. Kora Equinoxe
5. QuickSilver
6. Blue Circle BC3
7. Modwright SWL 9.0SE

As you can see, I've gone through a lot of preamps in the past 6 years. :)

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #28 on: 28 Feb 2007, 05:48 pm »
I'm currently using Promitheus TVC passive preamp with my Stratos Extreme and this combination provides the best sound ever since I've own my Odyssey amps in the past 6 years. The TVC is dead quiet, no noise whatsoever even with my ears next to the speakers and match perfectly with Stratos. You guys have to try this preamp out to understand what I'm talking about.  Thumbs up

F-100:

Do you know if the Promitheus TVC can be made with an HT Bypass.  I am currently looking for a tubed pre for my integrated 2 channel/Ht system.  Unfortunately, with 2 kids in college, my options are kind of limited with the budget I've set. 

Thanks,
rklein

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #29 on: 28 Feb 2007, 09:50 pm »
BTW, I do realize that the Promitheus TVC is not tubed, however, there are enough people giving it glowing reviews, that I would be remiss to not include this pre in my search. 

rklein

F-100

« Reply #30 on: 28 Feb 2007, 10:37 pm »
Unfortunately, with 2 kids in college, my options are kind of limited with the budget I've set. 

I share your pain because I have 3 kids in private school and they're still a long way from college :bawl:

No doubt in my mind that I will try out the Candela one of these days when budget permitted but right now I'm quite happy with the TVC.
As for the HT bypass, I'm not sure so send Nick an email to see if he does offer this feature.

Here is his email: nicholas@promitheusaudio.com