Got my LifeForce upgrade !!!

CButterworth

Got my LifeForce upgrade !!!
« on: 16 Feb 2007, 12:37 am »
It had to happen.  On Tuesday evening at 11:46PM, a few hours shy of Saint Valentine's Day, my LifeForce Upgrade arrived.  As LM pointed out in an earlier thread, not all such upgrades require wire and solder.  After 14 hours of labour, my wife gave birth to a bouncing baby boy weighing 6lbs 3oz (the baby's weight, not my wife's).  Jeremiah and Kara are now home, both in great health.

Over the next few days, weeks, months, years, I am keen to ensure that my son gets exposed to all forms of music that I enjoy.  He may (will) develop his own tastes. All I can say is that I am very glad that his first exposure to music will sound pretty darned good thanks to my AKSA 55N, although I must remember to use restraint on the volume because I do not want to damage his delicate ears.

Charlie

Occam

Re: Got my LifeForce upgrade !!!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2007, 12:54 am »
Charlie,

Congratulations! Your Jeremiah is exactly 22yrs to the day, younger than my youngest, Nathan. And 22 years from now, Kara will be spending entirely too much time and money on plans to attend Jeremiah's college graduation, and although you won't find this credible for the next 2 decades, you'll say to yourself 'where did the time go?'

While I dearly love my new LifeForce (100 amp), I'll trade you mine for yours in a second (I'm getting broody)  :roll:

Just remember Occam's Rule of Childrearing - Whatever you do is wrong!

Congrats again and enjoy!
-Paul

AKSA

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2007, 12:55 am »
My sincere congratulations to your and your Wife, Charlie, you will both never be the same again!!

Good music is a joy for life.  But as Jerry grows up his notion of music will be very different to yours!  On life's road, there are many twists and turns, and what is further down the road is rarely visible.  You may need to be patient!!

Sincerely,

Hugh

LM

• Lyn
« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2007, 12:57 am »
All I can say is sincere congratulations.

Future predicted comment:  C'mon dad, turn it up a bit - this thing rocks!!!

CButterworth

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2007, 03:53 am »
22 years to the day, eh?   I have no doubt that time will truly fly and I'll be getting to a couple years of before retirement - a shocking thought.  Mind you, some of the best botanists I know are well beyond retirement and still cranking out quality work.  I hope the same will be said of me.

I do quite expect that Jeremiah will forge his own way in the World, I hope that he wants to keep involved.  He'll be exposed to a number of activities that should keep his interests - skiing, hiking, hockey, music, although he may decide that something else entirely is more his cup-of-tea.

Occam, I may take you up on your kind offer during the sleepless nights to come  :lol:

Regards,
Charlie

fajimr

« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2007, 01:37 pm »
congratulations charlie..

one thing to remember though... upgrade-itis doesn't work in this particular situation- it will be a completely DIY experience!

just have fun and remember to enjoy the music

jim