What are you listening to?

SET Man

Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #20 on: 21 Feb 2007, 09:44 pm »
Hey!

I went and counted my CD and LP collections. :D

Seem like I now have about 45% LP and 55% CD :D  I do have about 5 SACDs in my collection, too little to make any different.

You know I think I came across this kind of question once just a few years back.... on another site.

If I remembered correctly my music collection back than I think my answer was 70% CD and 30% LP. Seem like my LPs collection is growing pretty nicely.

I think many will be surprised of how many new albums today are being release on LP vinyl. :wink:

Not to get into argument here....  I do enjoy both formats but I prefer to get the album on vinyl if it is available. aa

The bottom line is the music itself not format... well unless is MP3 than that is another story :evil:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

SET Man

« Reply #21 on: 21 Feb 2007, 09:47 pm »
my wife  :roll:

Hey!

Ahhhh.... live performance sound. There is nothing like it! :lol:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Jim N.

• Who you callin' an audiophile?????
« Reply #22 on: 21 Feb 2007, 10:13 pm »
All digital. I rip my CD's to .wav using EAC then burn then to DVD using Cirlinca for home listening. EAC ripped CD's in the car. Foobar at work from USB hard disk, USB/Coax converter into a RWA modded Scott Nixon DAC into powered M-Audio speakers. Still own several dozen LP's but they have sat in the closet for years. I call them my Cruise collection  :P .

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #23 on: 21 Feb 2007, 11:47 pm »
I attend jazz concerts 2 times a month (with a blind friend! Does not stop his music interest though!)
A couple of classic concerts a year.
Then I sing myself a minimum of 1 hour a day. A Choir freak you know...
On the playback front I use ca 35% cd, and 20% radio, 15% music on tv and the rest mp3 on my computer
Then I actually do mixing stuff on my computer, I am a member of a musicprogram developers site.
So I listen to some of others "amateur" music as well. And I am a member of a music collective in norway
a music community sort of like myspace, but focused around the art of making music! It's called "Urørt"
Thousands of members there. So I listen to some of that as well!

I dont use EAC. I use Alcoholsoft's 52% (Version 1.4.7 with a custom build that renders encryption on discs useless...  :thumb:) discreader program (this is a non sale/ non download version that will read any disc, nothing will stop it.), then I playback the cd's using Foobar. I burn cd's on a Specially hardware prepped LG burner that uses a specially prepped version of Nero
to perform a perfect Redbook burn. This makes the cd's much better!! LG sold this as a package some time back because so many firms were making defunct burners and cd's not really redbook!
The owner of the CD patent did this rather than sue the lot of those who released cd's not redbook, which is a felony...
The Nero program will only work on that particular serial number of THAT drive. But I will burn ANYTHING!

Imperial
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2007, 12:47 am by Imperial »

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 22 Feb 2007, 12:39 am »

Well I just hope you two are discussing how with Brett coming back, the Pack will kick butt next year  :D

TONEPUB

« Reply #25 on: 22 Feb 2007, 04:05 pm »
I keep listening to that Squeezebox more and more!  Transporter is on the way,
so we will keep you posted there!

They are a ton of fun.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #26 on: 22 Feb 2007, 04:49 pm »

I gave up on her in favor of the voices in my head...  8)

Baba O Riley

• All Music Site Forums
« Reply #27 on: 3 May 2007, 09:18 pm »
100% CDs

Have a redbook only player and no recordplayer.

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 3 May 2007, 09:25 pm »
I don't own a recordplayer, since the mid-'90s.  Currently listen to about 75% MultiChannel SACD, 5% MC DVD-A*, and 20% CD.  I LOVE the naturalness of MC Classical recordings, and nothing comes close to SACDs and DVD-As.

* That few only because I can't find anymore.

BobRex

« Reply #29 on: 4 May 2007, 02:45 pm »
99.95% vinyl at home , maybe 2 or 3 CDs a month?  80% CD in the car, 20% NPR.  Nothing at work - I tend to concentrate on the music to the detriment of what I get paid to do  :oops:  Besides, I already spend too much time on web sites.

Maybe I should try listening to my wife, on second thought naah!