Through-hole size of D200 speaker binding posts

mfsoa

Through-hole size of D200 speaker binding posts
« on: 11 Feb 2007, 06:03 pm »
Dusty,
An obscure question maybe, but do you know the size of the hole on your binding posts on the D200 amps? It looks quite large but I was looking for something a bit more accurate!

Specifically, I was thinking of stuffing two 12 guage bare anti-cables into each lug for biwiring. An AWG table lists 12 ga as 2.05 mm diameter.

Thank you.

-Mike

CIAudio

Re: Through-hole size of D200 speaker binding posts
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2007, 06:19 pm »
An obscure question maybe, but do you know the size of the hole on your binding posts on the D200 amps? It looks quite large but I was looking for something a bit more accurate!

Specifically, I was thinking of stuffing two 12 guage bare anti-cables into each lug for biwiring. An AWG table lists 12 ga as 2.05 mm diameter.

Binding post hole diameter spec is 0.215"

mfsoa

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2007, 06:36 pm »
Dusty,
Thank you for your immediate (do you sleep?) reply!

In case others are wondering, a 12 ga wire has a diameter of 0.0808 inches, so two should fit easily into the D200 holes.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2007, 07:15 pm »
I am using a combination of Spades and bananas on 12 gauge wire. Spades to the woofer module and bananas to the mid/high module. Too much of a pain in the ass trying to get the wire in the binding holes!!! Frustrating!!!

Cheers
                                         Charlie

CIAudio

« Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2007, 07:20 pm »
Thank you for your immediate (do you sleep?) reply!

I do sleep...but usually only about 6 hrs a day. My awake hours are mostly spent on something audio related (and a little on my cars). Even though we're closed on the weekends, I'm still usually doing something work related...that's how it works when your hobby is also your business  :)

CIAudio

« Reply #5 on: 11 Feb 2007, 07:22 pm »
I am using a combination of Spades and bananas on 12 gauge wire. Spades to the woofer module and bananas to the mid/high module. Too much of a pain in the ass trying to get the wire in the binding holes!!! Frustrating!!!

I use the Harmonic Tech Pro-11 cables with locking bananas...I prefer these over spades or bare wire.