Eighth Nerve Onsite Consultation- WOW!

witchdoctor

« on: 13 Jul 2003, 02:00 am »
I had the good luck of having Bill Laurent moving to NYC. I had purchased his room treatment after a previous onsite consultation. I had since installed it and invited Bill back to really dial in my room.
Bill commented how much better my room sounded from his previous visit. I had made some upgrades in addition to the room treatment and he noticed immediately. After listening/watching Roy Orbison concert DVD
on my big screen with my projector Bill felt some holes in my soundstage
on the right side. This was caused by my speakers closer proximity to the wall on that side due to space considerations.
We threw some echoes behind the speakers near that corner and added another seam to that corner so I now had treatment from floor to ceiling. We also added another seam on the wall about 3 feet in front of the speaker.
I noticed a much fuller sound stage when listening in two channel. It is hard to believe I am only listening to two speakers in stereo because the sound absolutely fills the room. Listening in PL2 becomes more defined and I need to turn it down a bit from my prior listening level because the sound is more focused.
We then placed some Nerve Ending isolation cones beneath my Sunfire TG3 processor. It brought more immediacy and clarity to the music.
We tryed another set beneath my Monster HTPS 7000 PLC with similar results.
We then listened to some tunes, Norah Jones Cold Cold heart in Source Direct 2 channel was stunning. Very full,tight musical bass, crystal clear vocals and great defintion of hammers on piano.
We then went to 7.1 channel on the dvd Standing In the Shadows of Motown.Talk about the live in your face experience, just great.
Thanks Bill for helping to take my system to Eighth Nervana.
Doc

WilliamL

« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2003, 07:50 pm »
Todd: Thanks again for your compliments! :thumb:

Everybody: I had a great time with Todd tweaking his room and gear and dialing in his system. Todd is a great guy (and big guy in the financial world; I was picking his brain the whole time about the market, sales, business models, etc!!!)

His room is sounding sooooo much better than the last time I had visited. Many new tweaks--especially the MapleShade speaker stands he recently purcashed-- made an astonishing difference. (The Eighth Nerve products of course helped imeasurably too.  :wink: )

I can honestly say that the room is sounding like a 100k system now and Todd has spent a LOT less than that on equipment and tweaks! As Todd mentioned, we put up a few more Seams and switched around some Echos to eliminate sound holes in the soundstage and clean up the imaging, etc.

Also, we spent a lot of time listening and making changes with the sound processor and DAC. I must say that I am really really impressed with the modded DIO--Great work Wayne! We did quite a few comparisons (I won't bore you with the details here) and I was won over by the DIO. I hope I can get my hands on that audition pack because I need to upgrade my front-end and its going to either be one of Wayne's modded DIO or a new Ayre CD player.

As Todd mentioned, we were both amazed at how MUCH better the Nerve Ending and Replacement feet sounded than both Vibrapods and Ceramic Pods.:o  Not even close!  :!:

I now feel even better than ever about the value that our feet/ending provide. Makes me realize: With all the stresses of running a business, its well worth it when you have the reward of  meeting and helping great people like Todd with their systems.

Cheers,
Bill

Hantra

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2003, 04:36 am »
I need to upgrade my front-end and its going to either be one of Wayne's modded DIO or a new Ayre CD player.

D@mn. . . Lost another one to oversampling. . .  
 :nono:

Jay S

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2003, 08:38 am »
Quote from: Hantra
I need to upgrade my front-end and its going to either be one of Wayne's modded DIO or a new Ayre CD player.

D@mn. . . Lost another one to oversampling. . .  
 :nono:

The dark side is powerful...   :P

WilliamL

Ok.....
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2003, 03:09 am »
The way I understand the Ayre is that it does not do oversampling like all other CD players and thus less offensive. Believe me, I am no fan of oversampling' however, Nathan and Kris keep saying this player is AWESOME.  (Yes, we are dealers in case you wondered, although I am up in NYC and have not gotten down to the store in Nashville since we started to sell it.)

Anyway, I trust these guys' ears....hmmmm....almost as much as I trust Hantras.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: