HT8's On Order

markC

Re: HT8's On Order
« Reply #20 on: 3 Apr 2007, 02:03 am »
Very nice work, Denny!
It's nice to see such excellent craftmanship come out of your shop.
I've seen your previous efforts in the flesh, which are very nice, but these are extreme.

AdamM

• Robotbreeder.com
BEAUTIFUL
« Reply #21 on: 3 Apr 2007, 07:02 am »
Very nice work!
Those are some fantastic looking HT8's!  beautiful creations.

Excellent job Denny

Cheers,
/A

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #22 on: 3 Apr 2007, 01:42 pm »
Thanks to all for the compliments on John's HT 8's. We're also doing an HT 2 center channel for John. I've also got a few more HT 8's on the go for RAW, as well as the monster Apex II center channel for a customer. I'll be posting pics of those as well. Stay tuned!  :thumb:

Cheers

RAW

« Reply #23 on: 3 Apr 2007, 09:28 pm »
Adam
Those Rosewood would like nice in the layout you have.Over all would be a great photo.

Yes once John gets these Ht8's we will have to see what they look like in his theater system.
Denny has a few more HT8's on the go right now and we look forward to the Wenge pair he is working on for my wife.

For those who are just noticing we have Denny working for us in making our product line more available to the east coast.

Look forward to seeing Richards Apex C as well as the HT8's complete, those three will look very nice once complete.

Then add in our Wenge pair to the list Denny busy :thumb:

tdangelo

« Reply #24 on: 3 Apr 2007, 11:03 pm »
Here are pics of John's completed HT 8's in custom Santos Rosewood.   :thumb:

I'll post pictures taken showing the build process as well.

Cheers 

WOW!  Those are stunning!   :green: :green:

mcgsxr

« Reply #25 on: 4 Apr 2007, 12:47 am »
PHENOMENAL Denny!

No surprise, I knew you would create a stunning piece of work.

Wish I had the $!

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #26 on: 4 Apr 2007, 01:24 am »
Dang! Those really look good!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #27 on: 4 Apr 2007, 03:35 am »
Great job Denny!!   :thumb:

George

BlackSandCable

HT8's are here!
« Reply #28 on: 5 Apr 2007, 11:55 pm »
This is the way all speakers should be shipped!

Steve Redston

« Reply #29 on: 12 Apr 2007, 03:20 pm »
Kudos to Denny for a simply outstanding assembly and veneering job. Incredible grain matching on each speaker. I am sure you surprised even yourself !

- Steve R.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #30 on: 8 May 2007, 09:56 pm »
Here are pics of John's HT 2C center channel to match his HT 8's.

A couple of people have asked if there is any stain applied to the veneer prior to finishing, and the answer is no, this is simply a clear applied over the veneer. The finish we use is water white. It has no yellow tinge to it at all. Our standard finish is satin.

Cheers   :green:

BlackSandCable

« Reply #31 on: 8 May 2007, 10:03 pm »
Denny,

I just said this to you via email but I will say it again this time for all to see.....AMAZING is all I have to say about the quality of your work!  :D

mcgsxr

« Reply #32 on: 8 May 2007, 11:53 pm »
I have seen it in person, Denny waves one helluva magic wand around enclosures and finishes!

Beautiful!

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #33 on: 8 May 2007, 11:55 pm »
Couldn't agree more. Stunningly beautiful!!!

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #34 on: 9 May 2007, 01:37 am »
Denny,

I just said this to you via email but I will say it again this time for all to see.....AMAZING is all I have to say about the quality of your work!  :D

Thank you very much John.

The choice of the Santos Rosewood turned out to be a blessing and a curse. Our first supplier fell through, but that led to us finding a great local supplier that is willing to work very closely with us in  hand selecting and sequencing our customer specified veneers and then applying the paperbacking to it. Great, in the long run.  :green:

The search for this alternate supplier set us back a bit in the expected delivery of John's speakers. Still, despite this, John's patience enabled us to take the time and care needed to get everything the way we felt would produce good results.

Also, we discussed grain patterns and overall color quite a bit, with John finally giving me complete artistic license over what veneers to choose and how I was going to sequence the veneers. He put his total trust in what we were going to do for him. Some people have a real hard time doing that, but, it makes our job a lot easier by being able to make the executive decisions without consultation.

Just thought I would in turn, let you know that in doing so, you made it quite a bit easier for us to do you speakers.

I'm really pleased with the way they turned out.

Thanks again, John. Enjoy!  :guitar:

Cheers  :green: