red board start date

vanderstephen

red board start date
« on: 23 Jan 2007, 02:13 am »
Hello,
When did the red boards start being used in the stratos? i.e. all stratos' had red boards starting after XXXX date and with XXX serial number???  Thanks.

DMi

Re: red board start date
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2007, 01:12 pm »
I'm going to bet Klaus has the only answer to this one. I do know if you look inside it is unmistakable since the entire PCB is either one color or the other. I got my original Stratos Stereo Plus in November of 2001 and it is the green board variety.

Doug

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2007, 09:54 am »
Hi guys, K is the man, but as there is no answer yet, if I am not wrong, red boards appeared around or along with Khartago, so red boards if I am not wrong date back to the Khartago launch time.

I get two of the first Khartagos, from production line and they already sported the red board.

When was it ? I do not remember, but you can search when Khartago was launched and figure out.

vanderstephen

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2007, 03:48 pm »
I appreciate the replies. They certainly give me a starting point. I am looking to buy a used stratos with cap upgrade in the next couple of months. Some used listings that I see list manufactured date but do not indicate if they have the red or green board. I don't want to have to email the seller whenever I see a listing just to find that out. Does Klaus ever have demos for sale? I'm trying to not spend more than $800.00 (that's what I'm assuming that I can sell my Bryston for). It's mighty hard to spend money on audio equipment when you get married  :roll:. I'm not quite ready to buy just yet, but if a great deal comes up, I want to be ready.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2007, 04:50 pm by vanderstephen »

BobC

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2007, 04:24 pm »
It's mighty hard spend money on audio equipment when you get married

Amen Brother!  Wait until you have a child!

That's why I went with Odyssey.  Value, performance, build quality, service = I keep it for a really long time and avoid domestic stress  :thumb: