AV123 Forum not available?

Digital Ra

Re: AV123 Forum not available?
« Reply #380 on: 8 Dec 2008, 05:52 pm »
Good post Jed....I want them to succeed too and will continue to support them.  Hopefully things will make a turn for the better soon.

This is really my first experience with AC and I can say I am quite impressed and have also spent a great deal of time here over the last few days.  I feel more comfortable posting here than some forums.

tako_tsubo

« Reply #381 on: 8 Dec 2008, 05:53 pm »
Well I thought that the forum would be up today...but not. So joined up...after lurking here for years...I think I joined up once when I was Santosha, couldn't can't recall my pass and the email addy changed...

I do look forward the "letter" and really just want to spend my GC already! :icon_lol:

Also looking at the other forums besides AC, AK, SH, AA, but av123's forum was cozy...at least in the past. never got into TCA...yeah av123 lite, maybe emotiva's

TooManyToys

« Reply #382 on: 8 Dec 2008, 06:46 pm »
AC is a nice forum - I've lurked here for years and finally signed up as I've been changing my handle over the net.

Not maybe as active as I would like, but there are a lot of the original AV123 members over here as they've moved on.

johnzm

« Reply #383 on: 8 Dec 2008, 06:56 pm »
hey guys,

i am here, just quietly lurking.

MLS is a good guy.

i think the forum downtime is a bad idea (for his buissness).

i hope things smooth out for him. i would hate to have to tell people about the ancient/extinct  AV123 company that made my mini's as i get older.

shoutout to the ATL krew.

i got all ur #'s i believe we will have to get together over a brew soon

SlushPuppy

« Reply #384 on: 8 Dec 2008, 07:10 pm »
Just got my order number from SVS. This is going to be a perfect match for my Rockets:

Oh, and it ships this week  :wink:

NicolasKL

« Reply #385 on: 8 Dec 2008, 07:29 pm »
I will still buy from av123 ( if the loony ever comes back ) because all the product I have purchased (with the exception of x-head) has been stupendous value...

I wont.  The delays are one thing, but I wont purchase anything from a company if I think there's a better (worse?) than average chance I'll get a product that has QC/design problems.  Air leaks, amp problems, hums, electronic problems, veneer problems, shipping damage problems.  No thanks.  

TooManyToys

« Reply #386 on: 8 Dec 2008, 08:01 pm »
SP,

You'll like that sub.  I've had mine for about 6 months now.

drunkonjack

« Reply #387 on: 8 Dec 2008, 08:12 pm »
I guess time will tell as what MLS's plan was for shutting down the forum .

I for one used the forum for info on AV123 speakers before I bought them as well do many others .

1) Many people post there looking for local members to audition the speakers.

2) Many people use the forum for trouble shooting therir system when they put a system together.

It's not like going to your local Audio shop and asking for assitance.

The forum members are a very improtant tool for MLS so I'm sure it will be back up soon.

Washburn

« Reply #388 on: 8 Dec 2008, 09:23 pm »
I hope av123 forum comes up soon.
I need to show off my new HDTV :D in the "pics of your speakers" thread or somewhere...
This sucks ... i FINALLY get it, after like 2 yrs of research and jokes on the forum etc :) and get the pics ready, etc and av123 goes down... :(

sorry for sounding kinda selfish.

CloudStrife

« Reply #389 on: 8 Dec 2008, 09:47 pm »
Just saying hello.   :D 

arthurs

« Reply #390 on: 8 Dec 2008, 09:47 pm »
Go on man, post the pics here!

bunnyma357

« Reply #391 on: 8 Dec 2008, 10:05 pm »
Just saying hello, as well.

Jim C

rmassey

« Reply #392 on: 8 Dec 2008, 10:21 pm »
I hope av123 forum comes up soon.
I need to show off my new HDTV :D in the "pics of your speakers" thread or somewhere...
This sucks ... i FINALLY get it, after like 2 yrs of research and jokes on the forum etc :) and get the pics ready, etc and av123 goes down... :(

sorry for sounding kinda selfish.

Congrats Nishan..... actually I think your upgrade is significantly MORE important than the AV123 forum status  :icon_lol:

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #393 on: 8 Dec 2008, 10:36 pm »
I saw that ship going down months ago and I jumped off with the swiftness.  I regret ever purchasing items from the company.  There are some amazing small business out there and I wish would have chosen more wisely which one I would have given my dollars to.

Like Perpetual Technologies and Audio Alchemy before that, AV123's days are numbered.

The funny thing is the very first item that I purchased as a entry into this hobby, was an Audio Alchemy DDS III.  It died within a year and when it did, I found out that the company was out of business.  It's like what Shirley Bassey said, it's all just History Repeating.

emac

« Reply #394 on: 8 Dec 2008, 11:07 pm »
Also looking at the other forums besides AC, AK, SH, AA, but av123's forum was cozy...at least in the past.

Cozy.  That's a pretty accurate word to describe the forum. 

I saw that ship going down months ago and I jumped off with the swiftness.  I regret ever purchasing items from the company.  There are some amazing small business out there and I wish would have chosen more wisely which one I would have given my dollars to.

Like Perpetual Technologies and Audio Alchemy before that, AV123's days are numbered.

While I was kicked off the ship a few weeks back and have had to go through my AV123 forum withdrawal (it really is like a drug), in most cases I don't regret buying their products.  My Mini's and X-Omni's are terrific speakers, especially given their prices.  So, while my enthusiasm for the company has waned, their products often speak for themselves. 

As for the days being numbered, I hope not, but I'm curious to see what the future holds.   

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #395 on: 8 Dec 2008, 11:28 pm »
Hey, everybody!  I checked the forum again today with no love, so I saw everybody seemed to be hanging around here, and I've lurked around the GR-Research circle long enough. . . so. . . :)

For me, at least, I just hope I don't lose track of a lot of the great folks I've chatted with over at av123 in the past.  The product may have got me in the door, but the people are what got me to hang around and make myself comfortable.

Just killing time in a hotel room in Chicago (in town on business for most of the week).  I'm kind of bummed because I actually got pics (now sitting at home in WI, so I still can't share yet. . .) of the pair of GR-driver Rythmik subs I just got.  I was ready to get them up for folks to see when the forum shut down.  I didn't get a lot of listening in yet with the duals, but so far I'm very happy and the second one really started to bring that effortless bass I felt at Bob's GTG into my little room. :D

SlushPuppy

« Reply #396 on: 9 Dec 2008, 12:05 am »

The funny thing is the very first item that I purchased as a entry into this hobby, was an Audio Alchemy DDS III.  It died within a year and when it did, I found out that the company was out of business.  It's like what Shirley Bassey said, it's all just History Repeating.

I actually don't regret a single purchase I made at AV123, but then again I bought all my stuff almost four years ago, and all of it was from the China factory. Although I've owned better speakers in the past (my old 2-channel rig), my RS1K's that currently share music/HT duty have given me countless hours of enjoyment. They're actually pretty amazing considering the price paid. They'll be even better when I get the Ninja upgrades. The (original) UFW-10's that I just sold were fantastic for the money.

All that said, I had the chance today to buy again from AV123, but the MFW's just seem to have too many issues and I don't like having the door to "our house" (as it's been called) slammed in my face. To me the entire operation seems to be in question, especially since they're an ID company and this is Christmas season. This strangeness HAS to be costing them sales. It didn't look good, so I bought from SVS. Funny, I don't feel the least bit guilty  8)

floridapoolboy

« Reply #397 on: 9 Dec 2008, 12:10 am »
I'm wondering just how long Mark plans to keep his forum shut down.  He runs the risk of alienating so many potential customers and old time friends, I just don't get it.  How long do you think it will take to go through the various stages: surprise, concern, confusion, frustration, anger, and finally indifference.  I myself am halfway between confusion and frustration, I really hope no one gets to indifference.  Once people stop caring, they won't visit/buy.  Not good...

BradJudy

« Reply #398 on: 9 Dec 2008, 12:27 am »
I think the recent, non-voluntary, multi-day outage of both the forum and the main website demonstrated that a few days without a forum isn't going to cause the company to take a huge hit or drive everyone away. 

BradJudy

« Reply #399 on: 9 Dec 2008, 12:28 am »

Cool Nish, go ahead and post it here in the Home Theater circle. 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=60.0