• Canuckistani
Re: AV123 Forum not available?
« Reply #360 on: 8 Dec 2008, 02:09 am »
on AVS .... by CETA1

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1093387&highlight=av123+forum

We will be back on line soon.

Hugs and Kisses,
MS...

We are fixing our BOM costs. So confusing..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by CETA1; Today at 08:50 PM.. 

Is this a joke?

620gold

« Reply #361 on: 8 Dec 2008, 02:13 am »
All those hugs over the years......now it's on to kisses.

FrozenPilot

« Reply #362 on: 8 Dec 2008, 02:45 am »
Hello refugees!

Where to start. Its been an interesting couple of weeks as I decided to start frequenting the forums more now that I ordered the Ninja elite encore upgrades for my x-SLS.

-Bad news started with the delay by not having the crossover boards when the tweeters arrived.
-Then finding out the x-LS was essentially discontinued; so much for having new LS surrounds one day.
-Then attempting to call and get an x-CS to try to at least have a matching front stage, never got past the answering machine, never got a call back. What a poor way to have a phone ordering system.
-So I keep up on the status of the encore upgrades via the av123 forum, which is now non-existent due to some odd reasons by MLS.
-But its not over. Tried to join over at TweakCity's forum. Maybe the products I would purchase one day, as budget and performance are a high priority. But no, my account I tried to register was removed with no reason than I didn't meet some mysterious requirements, which I've searched and can't find a reason why I'd be removed, other than some crackdown on spammers. Replied to the webmaster: acct removed email, still no response.
-On top of all that, I get the feeling the x-series as we all knew it is likely headed to the chopping block, that is the x-SLS, x-CS, and x-MTM.

I don't know how much longer I can hold out. The ninja upgrades I have on order were with the intent I'd go all x-series. With that in doubt, I feel like I should cancel the upgrades and look to offload my SLS for a 5.1 system I can actually build up to -which I feel bad for Sean- but I have no room or use to stay with 2.0 speakers. I really enjoy the SLS, and I think Mark is an incredible guy, but the issues with the company, the negative publicity of customer service issues (which one stated earlier are not always started by people who haven't tried to contact CS first), unkept promises, delays, etc, maybe I should find a different speaker company to do business with. I really hope I don't have to.

geekinthehood

« Reply #363 on: 8 Dec 2008, 02:48 am »
Or to say it another way before I was banned there, the forum is the life blood of their business.

Bingo.

tex-amp

« Reply #364 on: 8 Dec 2008, 03:11 am »

-On top of all that, I get the feeling the x-series as we all knew it is likely headed to the chopping block, that is the x-SLS, x-CS, and x-MTM.

How many short lived speaker lines would that make for AV123 over the last 4-5 years?

downhill

« Reply #365 on: 8 Dec 2008, 03:46 am »
Let me know when someone creates an AV123 refugee thread outside the Manufacturers Mall...

Once Mark begins to reply to every one of these posts, I suspect the open tone of this thread will change for the worse.  It's really been quite refreshing to read some of these (mostly) respectful POVs without the blind loyalist slants.

... but perhaps it's time we move on (outside the MM)

Wow, lots of negative stuff in this thread and this remark really cracks me up for obvious reasons.

downhill

« Reply #366 on: 8 Dec 2008, 03:48 am »

How many short lived speaker lines would that make for AV123 over the last 4-5 years?

??  Should a company always remain stagnant? 

arthurs

« Reply #367 on: 8 Dec 2008, 03:56 am »
I think everyone gets it by now...

This thread continues to come perilously close to being like getting evicted from your home for the amount of garbage on your lawn then dragging all the same garbage to your new house in a new neighborhood...

Explore AC folks, give this stuff a rest or take it to PM and e-mail if you really just HAVE to discuss it...

emac

« Reply #368 on: 8 Dec 2008, 04:06 am »

This thread continues to come perilously close to being like getting evicted from your home for the amount of garbage on your lawn then dragging all the same garbage to your new house in a new neighborhood...

Explore AC folks, give this stuff a rest or take it to PM and e-mail if you really just HAVE to discuss it...

Well put.  Please, let's put it to rest for the time being. 

floridapoolboy

« Reply #369 on: 8 Dec 2008, 04:11 am »
Gee, if only there was an internet forum devoted exclusively to AV123, then maybe everyone with an opinion could go there to have this discussion............

Oh yeah, I've been exploring the various circles, this IS a pretty cool place!

tex-amp

« Reply #370 on: 8 Dec 2008, 04:20 am »

??  Should a company always remain stagnant? 

I would hope that a speaker company would think enough of their product to manufacture it for a year or two.  They are speakers not computers or other high tech devices that would be obsolete with-in that time frame.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #371 on: 8 Dec 2008, 11:41 am »

I'm not going to disagree with you but I would add something.  What you said +It's like getting evicted from our home and being (politely) asked not to talk about it...  even if we are beating a dead horse... 

And ac is pretty interesting  :wink:

Sepen

« Reply #372 on: 8 Dec 2008, 01:41 pm »
Wheres Jinx? :) I know that I haven't posted much over at AV123 but do have a really nice system (760's-250's-450's-BF) that was delivered on time as promised.

The one thing that irks me to no end though is Marks inability to ship in a timely manner in the FS section. I was just pm'ing a fellow that has waited 7 weeks for a pr of Minis that was promised to be shipped within a week. He stated after all the excuses that he was fed up and wanted his money back. Only thing is that Mark wasn't replying to his PMs, emails or phone calls. I know he has a lot on his plate but come on. I have a perfect feedback at Ebay and Heatware, (500+ total) and if I tried to pull that crap I would never have a buyer again.

Anyway that is a rant I needed to get off my chest. Nice to see everyone here and I hope that Mark can get everything sorted out.

arthurs

« Reply #373 on: 8 Dec 2008, 01:46 pm »
I feel ya django, and understand the frustration some guys are talking about, there's a lot to be frustrated with in this situation....but we both know there's no end to the "talking about it" it just keeps going around and around in a circle while the pro and con parties beat their chests, alternately rising and falling in temperature as either side gets aggravated or someone new runs in to pour some more gas on the fire...

I also encouraged those that want to talk about to do so, just offline...

I can also block this thread from appearing to me, guess that's another way to approach it...either way I'm not trying to squelch people's right to bitch, just offering a point of view from an AC regular who also frequented the av123 forums....

TomS

« Reply #374 on: 8 Dec 2008, 03:28 pm »
I feel ya django, and understand the frustration some guys are talking about, there's a lot to be frustrated with in this situation....but we both know there's no end to the "talking about it" it just keeps going around and around in a circle while the pro and con parties beat their chests, alternately rising and falling in temperature as either side gets aggravated or someone new runs in to pour some more gas on the fire...

I can also block this thread from appearing to me, guess that's another way to approach it...either way I'm not trying to squelch people's right to bitch, just offering a point of view from an AC regular who also frequented the av123 forums....

If a social network is needed maybe they can set up a Facebook "AV123 Therapy" group .  You can complain away there as anything goes :wink:

arthurs

« Reply #375 on: 8 Dec 2008, 03:32 pm »

If a social network is needed maybe they can set up a Facebook "AV123 Therapy" group .  You can complain away there as anything goes :wink:

Good one Tom.... :lol:

droht

« Reply #376 on: 8 Dec 2008, 04:09 pm »

Actually, I think there is (or was) a Facebook group set up for av123.  Not sure if it has ever been used much though.

As for complaining, clearly some of the posts are just that.  But I think most of us are honestly trying to understand the issues more than anything, and in doing so we tend to offer up things that we think need improvement.  I ultimately think that Art's dirty laundry analogy is a good one though.  No real sense in trying to re-create a tiny piece of the av123 forum here.  Certainly lots to see and do here.  I'm already adding toys to my list of things that I don't need and shouldn't purchase but probably will anyway. 

uw69

« Reply #377 on: 8 Dec 2008, 05:11 pm »
I found a guy in the Salk forum who's considering selling his HT3's! I would love to have a pair of those.

Washburn

« Reply #378 on: 8 Dec 2008, 05:17 pm »
Hello. :)
where am I ? ;)

Jed M

« Reply #379 on: 8 Dec 2008, 05:35 pm »
I agree that I don't want this to turn into an AV123 bashing.  I still very much support and hope AV123 can regain their glory.  I am just really frustrated with what has been going on there and waiting for my products to be fixed.  I am glad we have a forum here (and I have been actively hanging out here the last few days; way better than AVS) where we can voice our frustration without the guilt trip of being accused of trying to hurt Mark's feelings.  That is never my intent, but we all have feelings and the ones who blindly defend Mark's should be considerate of others as well, but more times than not they tend only to see Mark's point of view.  We all have problems in our life.  I have had my house completely burn down, watched my sister-in-law deliver a stillborn girl, dealt with the death of my Grandfather and lost two dogs in the last two years among other things.  I am not saying that for pity, but to make the point that we all face challenges every day, whether it be your kids, parents, significant other, jobs, money, cars, disasters, etc.  Personally, I feel I have given Mark a lot more respect than he has shown me over the last couple years, but the thing is, I still think he is a great guy.  He may feel the exact opposite about who has shown who more respect, I don't know.  I am sure he feels swamped and stressed, but we have all been there and some are right now. Given the circumstances, 3 subs that don't work for the last 2 1/2 years, another sub that requires "surgery", and continued missed promises, I don't know any other company I would be so patient with or supportive of and that is a testimony to what I think of Mark as a person.  I do understand its just audio equipment, so I really think I have kept my anger in check.  My frustration has less to do with Mark and AV123 then the two or three forum members that won't allow others to post their frustrations or troubles without getting a lecture about what a great guy Mark is and how we should be more sensitive to his needs.  What about our needs?  Do we not count?  I am not asking for anything that wasn't promised to me over and over and over again.  Like I said, I don't want this to turn into an AV123 bashing, I just want somewhere that I feel I can openly discuss my frustration with the situation, without being called out as some kind of bad person.  Looking forward to letter #2.