AV123 Forum not available?

django11

• Canuckistani
Re: AV123 Forum not available?
« Reply #340 on: 7 Dec 2008, 10:14 pm »
 Try this one ::shake:

Anyone notice Mark wishing us Happy Holidays on his little note over at av123?  Is there some American holiday I don't know about?  Or does he mean Christmas?  That's a long way off...

uw69

« Reply #341 on: 7 Dec 2008, 10:43 pm »
I was kind of expecting the forum to reopen today, 48 hours or so since it closed or maybe they will wait until they have all hands on deck to support any new rules.

musicman06

« Reply #342 on: 7 Dec 2008, 10:59 pm »
I was kind of expecting the forum to reopen today, 48 hours or so since it closed or maybe they will wait until they have all hands on deck to support any new rules.

As noted above, considering the happy holidays part it could be a while. Also considering we're talking about AV123, promise 48hrs deliver in 48 weeks sounds closer to reality, lol. And yes I know there was no "promise" posted there this time, so maybe progress has already started. ;)

620gold

« Reply #343 on: 7 Dec 2008, 11:45 pm »
I don't like the tone here. Django could you speak to this. And as far as MLS delivering on a date for his next letter, you might as well be pi__ing in the wind.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #344 on: 8 Dec 2008, 12:02 am »
I don't know how to remove this post so it has been edited to almost nothing :thumb:

620gold

« Reply #345 on: 8 Dec 2008, 12:03 am »
I'm surprised you're even married.

JohnR

« Reply #346 on: 8 Dec 2008, 12:04 am »
Folks: kindly cease and desist on the personal snubs.

Thanks

620gold

« Reply #347 on: 8 Dec 2008, 12:07 am »
Will do.

BillB

« Reply #348 on: 8 Dec 2008, 12:12 am »
I am starting to think the name itself is poison, anywhere it is mention causes strife and issues. Ugh.

I'll be in the lab if anyone needs me.

TomS

« Reply #349 on: 8 Dec 2008, 12:19 am »

Thanks

For those who may not be paying attention closely, JohnR owns the whole bar here ...

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #350 on: 8 Dec 2008, 12:26 am »

Thanks

I can't see how to delete my post.  Please feel free to.

themonk

« Reply #351 on: 8 Dec 2008, 12:26 am »

Thanks

For those who may not be paying attention closely, JohnR owns the whole bar here ...

Ummm ... did someone mention booze? Tanqueray and Tonic ... oh yeah double lime please!  aa

droht

« Reply #352 on: 8 Dec 2008, 12:55 am »
I am starting to think the name itself is poison, anywhere it is mention causes strife and issues. Ugh.

I think the issue is really one of internal conflict a lot of us face.  To a person, it seems, everyone who has met or spoken to mls thinks the world of him.  They want him and his company to succeed.  They also really like the value equation he offers.  Great looks, great sound, modest price.  The various issues bump up against all that, and create emotional responses.  If the issues existed at a company without a compelling leader like mls, and without high value product, I don't think we'd be discussing this at all because that compay would have been history long ago.  As it is, it seems like 70 to 80% of us kind of ebb and flow in our attitudes towards this stuff.  A smaller percentage of folks stay loyal or stay annoyed all the time.  Thus the stage is set for conflict.

Someone (mfine?) said "fix the issues with deliveries, QC, etc., and the forum issues will go away" (heavily paraphrased).  No truer words have been spoken. 

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #353 on: 8 Dec 2008, 01:02 am »

I think the issue is really one of internal conflict a lot of us face.  To a person, it seems, everyone who has met or spoken to mls thinks the world of him.  They want him and his company to succeed.  They also really like the value equation he offers.  Great looks, great sound, modest price.  The various issues bump up against all that, and create emotional responses.  If the issues existed at a company without a compelling leader like mls, and without high value product, I don't think we'd be discussing this at all because that compay would have been history long ago.  As it is, it seems like 70 to 80% of us kind of ebb and flow in our attitudes towards this stuff.  A smaller percentage of folks stay loyal or stay annoyed all the time.  Thus the stage is set for conflict.

Someone (mfine?) said "fix the issues with deliveries, QC, etc., and the forum issues will go away" (heavily paraphrased).  No truer words have been spoken. 

Good post. I think just about everyone except the loyalist of the loyal think that the issues are with the company, not the forum.  The forum can use some tweaking but a total close down is just weird...  I will still buy from av123 ( if the loony ever comes back ) because all the product I have purchased (with the exception of x-head) has been stupendous value...

floridapoolboy

« Reply #354 on: 8 Dec 2008, 01:22 am »
I don't believe that there would even be an AV123 today if not for the forum.  Marks personality is what has enabled the company to grow, and the forum has been his way to communicate.  Face it, would anyone place an order for a product, no matter how good the value, knowing it could take a year to receive it?  Only Mark could pull that off, as he has proven many times already.  Take away the forum and what's left, another ID speaker company.  Imagine the field day they would have over on AVS if their was no AV123 forum.  People would post over there about late deliveries, qc issues, etc., and the shite would hit the fan big time.  Mark can sort things out on his own forum, and has done so.  Things really fell apart, IMO, the first time Mark tried to take a break from posting.  No matter how competent his staff is, they are not Mark, and can't do what he does.  It will be interesting to see what he does next, but short of solving every issue his Co. has in a hurry, I think he really needs his forum.  I know I miss it!

rmassey

« Reply #355 on: 8 Dec 2008, 01:34 am »
Let me know when someone creates an AV123 refugee thread outside the Manufacturers Mall...

Once Mark begins to reply to every one of these posts, I suspect the open tone of this thread will change for the worse.  It's really been quite refreshing to read some of these (mostly) respectful POVs without the blind loyalist slants.

... but perhaps it's time we move on (outside the MM)

620gold

« Reply #356 on: 8 Dec 2008, 01:35 am »
Or to say it another way before I was banned there, the forum is the life blood of their business.

floridapoolboy

« Reply #357 on: 8 Dec 2008, 01:49 am »
I haven't seen a post from Mark in this thread since he shut down the forum.  Maybe he's through with the internet...  :-)

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #358 on: 8 Dec 2008, 01:55 am »
Let me know when someone creates an AV123 refugee thread outside the Manufacturers Mall...

Once Mark begins to reply to every one of these posts, I suspect the open tone of this thread will change for the worse.  It's really been quite refreshing to read some of these (mostly) respectful POVs without the blind loyalist slants.

... but perhaps it's time we move on (outside the MM)

Well, now that he has shut down the forum he can't very well ban us can he :lol:?

Magnatest

« Reply #359 on: 8 Dec 2008, 01:59 am »
on AVS .... by CETA1

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1093387&highlight=av123+forum

We will be back on line soon.

Hugs and Kisses,
MS...

We are fixing our BOM costs. So confusing..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by CETA1; Today at 08:50 PM..