AV123 Forum not available?

SlushPuppy

Re: AV123 Forum not available?
« Reply #220 on: 7 Dec 2008, 02:56 am »
Looks like I just jumped ship  8)

Locking the forum to everyone was like punishing every kid in the room because one of them was acting up.  :nono:

emac

« Reply #221 on: 7 Dec 2008, 02:59 am »
Interesting that there are so many who have frequented the AV123 forum coming over here now that the forum's been shut down temporarily.  I'm curious to see how many people return to the forum when it reopens. 

wje

« Reply #222 on: 7 Dec 2008, 03:10 am »
Some of us have been here - probably longer than on the AV123 forum.

BillB

« Reply #223 on: 7 Dec 2008, 03:24 am »
Patrick, I remember telling you guys to come over here last time...are we finally going to learn?  :nono:

SlushPuppy

« Reply #224 on: 7 Dec 2008, 03:29 am »
Some of us have been here - probably longer than on the AV123 forum.

Yes, I've been here for a long time under another screen name, but I think in 5 years I only had 19 posts.

SetterP

• Dual-Channel Zealot
« Reply #225 on: 7 Dec 2008, 03:46 am »
Patrick, I remember telling you guys to come over here last time...are we finally going to learn?  :nono:

Lesson learned.

Now let's get to work petitioning for an ATL circle. Can't let those NY ravers have all the fun.  8)

django1

« Reply #226 on: 7 Dec 2008, 03:46 am »
Do they have a "What are you listening to now" thread here?  And I just watched a great movie  :D...

TooManyToys

« Reply #227 on: 7 Dec 2008, 03:47 am »
Actually earlier on Mark said he was going to shut it down for a revamp.  If anyone remembers, I started a thread over at AV123 about where to go if / when AV123 went down again.  I asked if we should go to AC. TCA or AVS.

An internet direct company does not need a forum.  Just doesn't.

I don't think I've been pro or con AV123 over the years; I certainly don't email or phone MLS. I think I've emailed him twice over 5 years and met him once.  

But lately it doesn't matter where the AV123 group "meets", any discussion gets gets out of hand with a lot of people posting what they think should be done.  While that can be a healthy dialog, with AV123 it just started to get ..... "debative" if that's really a term.

I think Mark is just under so much pressure right now.  It's been implied that they don't have the amount of staff they should.  The Cali situation has got to have been both a management and financial mess for both Mark and Craig, not to mention Santiago.  And there have been issues with the electronics supplier with the amps and Gizmos.  Someone has been hacking into the AV123 website and then the temp forum.  Family health issues.  And of course the two break-ins at the business site, with the last one sounding not to be a good situation.  Think about all of that and who you would wish all that on.   Under this economy.

I'm not stating that none of the issues were not self inflicted - I wouldn't know, it would just be opinion.  But sometimes you have to give people some space.  He needs to sort out what to do with HIS company .... and life.

I'm also not stating it's OK to have a problem or be out prepaid money.  I've had / have my own issues with both situations.  But I think we all know one of Mark's "faults" is trying to make things right, so in the long term it will work out.  But he needs to figure out what to do ....... on his own.

django1

« Reply #228 on: 7 Dec 2008, 03:52 am »
Looks like I just jumped ship  8)

Locking the forum to everyone was like punishing every kid in the room because one of them was acting up.  :nono:

That is such a weird thing to do.  Beyond comprehension to me and the little message about us learning that  "change often comes with a price."  Puleeeeze.  And Toomanytoys, I hardly see how creating a brand new problem solves anything...

TooManyToys

« Reply #229 on: 7 Dec 2008, 03:55 am »
WHAT brand new problem ?  :scratch:

droht

« Reply #230 on: 7 Dec 2008, 04:01 am »
Hey kids...the water seems nice and warm over here.  Strange happenings back at the farm.  Not really sure what mls is thinking, but it seems like he is maybe being too influenced by a certain individual who tends to demand that things go his way or no way at all.  Whatever.  Less drama and more audio talk would be good.

TooManyToys

« Reply #231 on: 7 Dec 2008, 04:03 am »
Love my Ref 3's.  aa

arthurs

« Reply #232 on: 7 Dec 2008, 04:04 am »
Do they have a "What are you listening to now" thread here?  And I just watched a great movie  :D...

Here ya go!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=26231.msg561311;topicseen#new

django1

« Reply #233 on: 7 Dec 2008, 04:09 am »
WHAT brand new problem ?  :scratch:
He's managed to annoy nice levelheaded people like Setterp and Theogenes by shutting down the forum (and how many more that we don't know about)?  For what exactly?

django1

« Reply #234 on: 7 Dec 2008, 04:11 am »

Here ya go!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=26231.msg561311;topicseen#new

Thanks! :thumb:

DogWizard

« Reply #235 on: 7 Dec 2008, 04:13 am »
Hey kids...the water seems nice and warm over here.  Strange happenings back at the farm.  Not really sure what mls is thinking, but it seems like he is maybe being too influenced by a certain individual who tends to demand that things go his way or no way at all.  Whatever.  Less drama and more audio talk would be good.

Now who could that be?  :lol:

Jed M

« Reply #236 on: 7 Dec 2008, 04:15 am »
After getting the smack down from Craig I found my way over here.  Feels nice and open to all ideas.  I signed up here a long time ago but I don't think I ever posted so either they erased my membership or I just can't remember what it was.  I think I will stay a bit.   :thumb:

django1

« Reply #237 on: 7 Dec 2008, 04:17 am »
After getting the smack down from Craig I found my way over here.  Feels nice and open to all ideas.  I signed up here a long time ago but I don't think I ever posted so either they erased my membership or I just can't remember what it was.  I think I will stay a bit.   :thumb:

I was wondering if any of you guys was a bit miffed...

DMF

« Reply #238 on: 7 Dec 2008, 04:23 am »
Geez, if anybody here mentions their health problems I'm gonna scream  Wink2

floridapoolboy

« Reply #239 on: 7 Dec 2008, 04:26 am »
So..... is this the new home for AV123 refugees?  Seems every forum I go to asking what happened over there the thread gets shut down or deleted, weird...!  This place seems refreshingly cheerful, maybe way more than that other site I wonder!