AV123 Forum not available?

uw69

Re: AV123 Forum not available?
« Reply #180 on: 27 Nov 2008, 02:59 am »
MLS and AV123 are going to be just fine. Sure a lot of second guessing from folks with no skin in the game. Vote with your money. I'm sticking with AV123.

DRL

« Reply #181 on: 27 Nov 2008, 03:28 am »
I got into the old forum, but then couldn't.

Now I use "75.126.14.199" to get there and it seems to be working fine.

ajayrav

« Reply #182 on: 27 Nov 2008, 03:51 am »
OK, I've been a lurker on the AV123 forum for a long time (pre Emotiva days, to put things into perspective).  In that time, I have watched the way MLS conduct business.  Yes, it is different from a lot of others, who keep their cards close to their chest and only reveal a final finished project.  Mark involves people from the inception stages.  This gets people involved and invested in his business and they become part of the 'family'.  The down-side is that delays may occur or previously planned ideas may never come to fruition... which irks the average consumers that want, and demand, instant gratification.  However, in the face of even the most severe criticism, I have NEVER seen Mark respond in anything but a dignified tone.  Case in point, some of the comments earlier in this thread.  Whatever you may say about Mark, he is a gentleman- through and through....and that counts for a whole lot in my book.

Oh, and I don't own a single item from AV123.  But would I consider it?  You betcha!

Just my two -penny bit...

Ajay

Jon L

« Reply #183 on: 27 Nov 2008, 04:45 am »
I got into the old forum, but then couldn't.

Now I use "75.126.14.199" to get there and it seems to be working fine.

75.126.14.199 is working for me also, but the usual way is still only taking me to the Threshold site.

musicman06

« Reply #184 on: 27 Nov 2008, 06:38 am »
Site worked fine for me a few minutes ago, just from my usual forum bookmark. Using Opera, not that it should matter...

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #185 on: 27 Nov 2008, 01:46 pm »
OK, I've been a lurker on the AV123 forum for a long time (pre Emotiva days, to put things into perspective).  In that time, I have watched the way MLS conduct business.  Yes, it is different from a lot of others, who keep their cards close to their chest and only reveal a final finished project.  Mark involves people from the inception stages.  This gets people involved and invested in his business and they become part of the 'family'.  The down-side is that delays may occur or previously planned ideas may never come to fruition... which irks the average consumers that want, and demand, instant gratification.  However, in the face of even the most severe criticism, I have NEVER seen Mark respond in anything but a dignified tone.  Case in point, some of the comments earlier in this thread.  Whatever you may say about Mark, he is a gentleman- through and through....and that counts for a whole lot in my book.

Oh, and I don't own a single item from AV123.  But would I consider it?  You betcha!

Just my two -penny bit...

Ajay

Ajay,

I agree that Mark is a gentleman and genuinely nice person. 

However, that doesn't wash away all of the continued delivery delays and product production issues.  I have friends who have been waiting for well over a year for speakers that were promised way before that time frame.  It would be one thing if that only happened once, but extremely long delays seem to happen much more than one would like to see from AV123.  While some amount of delay "might" be expected due to Mark and AV123 communicating plans earlier than most companies, you still have to deliver on your promises.  Just because we all like Mark, doesn't mean that we should have to tolerate delay after delay, missed commitments, etc...

Once product is delivered, I totally agree with Mark that people are very happy and satisfied with the product. 

While I enjoy my x-ls setup in my living room (as well as 2 pairs of Swan Diva surround speakers in my HT), the issues that have plagued AV123 for the past year plus have prevented me from considering future purchases.  I simply won't buy anything from AV123 until my friends finally receive their paid for products and the delivery issues are resolved.

I can only hope that Mark and the folks at AV123 figure out their delivery issues soon and that they get things back on track.

George

fredgarvin

« Reply #186 on: 30 Nov 2008, 05:24 pm »
It's a little sad to see this kind of thoughtless bashing and kicking of the company while it was temporarily down.  On the plus side, apparently the x-amp is days away, finally. I've heard it is a very nice product and a lot of folks will be very happy.

emac

« Reply #187 on: 30 Nov 2008, 06:31 pm »
It's a little sad to see this kind of thoughtless bashing and kicking of the company while it was temporarily down.  On the plus side, apparently the x-amp is days away, finally. I've heard it is a very nice product and a lot of folks will be very happy.

I don't think that the comments in this thread are "thoughtless bashing and kicking of the company while it (the website) was temporarily down".  The points are valid and basically the same ones that have been brought up on the AV123 forum. 

With that in mind, let's hope that this is just a bad spell for Mark and AV123, and that they are able to address the problems.

musicman06

« Reply #188 on: 30 Nov 2008, 09:21 pm »

You are obviously not in touch with what has been going on over at AV123 the past year or two... Good luck with anyone getting that "x-amp" any time soon.  :lol:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #189 on: 30 Nov 2008, 09:59 pm »
Looking at the title of this thread, you'd think it was a mole hill at best, 10 pages later it's Mount Everest, bordering on a national crisis.  When Audio circle goes down, does it get this kind of attention elsewhere?

draco

« Reply #190 on: 3 Dec 2008, 03:35 pm »
BTW... this is why I do what I do...

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue38/nsm.htm

I understand and accept many of the concerns raised here - some really surprise me though (from guys that I thought really liked and appreciated what we do - guess I was wrong)...

[/quote]

Mark, from a cost and quality perepective, the products that av123 deliver are 2nd to none. As you might know, I have voted with my pocketbook to a tune of over $6K and recommended your products to dozens of friends, family members and associates over the years. So, please don't think that I (and, I daresay, that others in a similar position) have no "skin" in the game and are taking shots at you. Frustration naturally ensues when something (products, updates, fixes, etc.) is promised within a timeframe and not delivered. Customers feel disrespected (as you do now) and it quickly devolves. In my humble opinion, this should not be a zero-sum game where people either have to accept things as they are or go purchase their product somewhere else.

I understand that there is much beyond your control regarding product delivery - however, you do have control over how much information you can share with us. I respectfully ask that you do so ASAP via that long sought letter and let the chips fall where they may. And, really, at this point that is ALL I ask. I can continue to wait, but it would greatly help to know where things stand. My guess is that MANY of my fellow customers share this sentiment. Thirst is usually satiated by knowledge. Thank you.

620gold

« Reply #191 on: 6 Dec 2008, 03:48 am »
When that second letter finally arrives it would be nice to see it reprinted here.

rmassey

« Reply #192 on: 6 Dec 2008, 05:00 am »

geekinthehood

« Reply #193 on: 6 Dec 2008, 05:31 am »
You know... I really support AV123. I've had some speakers on order for 2 years now, and have never complained because I knew what I was getting into. I also just bought another pair (different speakers) during their cyber Monday sale.

But sometimes I wonder if they know they're an internet company. I mean, taking the forum down until a letter gets posted? WTF??? I've been checking the forum as much as anyone, and I haven't seen any bad manners in the past few days - just a bunch of people talking. This action doesn't make much sense. I'm sure that we'll be told that there's a lot happening behind the scenes that we're not aware of, which I'm sure is true, but I have to wonder if they realize how something like this looks to the outside world.

In the end, maybe I shouldn't care. I just want my speakers, and I know they'll come as soon as they're ready. But... I would never have even found my speakers without AV123's forum. That's their public face (one of them, at least), and I worry about the actions they're taking.

wje

« Reply #194 on: 6 Dec 2008, 05:41 am »
But sometimes I wonder if they know they're an internet company. I mean, taking the forum down until a letter gets posted? WTF???  ...

In the end, maybe I shouldn't care. I just want my speakers, and I know they'll come as soon as they're ready. But... I would never have even found my speakers without AV123's forum. That's their public face (one of them, at least), and I worry about the actions they're taking.

My thoughts exactly.  If there are people who are causing issues, then put them under suspension.  However, don't punish the whole group.  I'm sure there are plenty of customers who received their goods today and are quite proud of them.  They probably want to gloat - or, even as for some setup advice, etc.  However, due to the inconvenience of the forum being closed, these activities can't occur.

OK ... now, you have me up on the soap box, but I'll stop at that - for now.

DRL

« Reply #195 on: 6 Dec 2008, 06:22 am »
Unless something major changes, I'll always be recommending av123 and supporting Mark running his company the way he thinks is best.  Without even seeing letter #2 it seems from some comments he's made that he's on the right track(s).

But the shutdown of the forum makes absolutely no sense.  None.  I've thought long and hard and all I come up with are negatives.  Hopefully the shutdown is short-term and the same with my perceived negative effects.

musicman06

« Reply #196 on: 6 Dec 2008, 11:06 am »
You know... I really support AV123. I've had some speakers on order for 2 years now, and have never complained because I knew what I was getting into. I also just bought another pair (different speakers) during their cyber Monday sale.

You've been waiting 2 years for speakers?? I think that may be a record. :scratch:

I don't think anyone would wait two years for anything else... no worries honey I know it's an 07 model. Loyal or absurd the readers can decide...

geekinthehood

« Reply #197 on: 6 Dec 2008, 03:20 pm »
You've been waiting 2 years for speakers?? I think that may be a record. :scratch:

Yep, I placed my order for LS-9's on 12-1-06. And, no - it's not a record. Other people have been waiting for them longer than I have. I realized at the time that all they had was a design, and that many of the parts weren't currently available. I trusted Danny, and, because of AV123's forum, I trusted AV123, so I ordered.

And that's my point. We already trust AV123, and we trust Mark, and some of us have had the privilege of meeting him personally. But what of the people who are just now researching speakers? From their point of view, they come across a company that looks promising, but the forum has been closed and in it's place is (from their point of view) some weird message that means nothing to them. Since AV123 was a new idea for them anyway, and there are other companies to choose from, they move on.

I think some of this may be Mark's OCD. I've dealt with it in myself on a minor level, and also in other people I know. I think many more people have it than realize they do. <speculation>In Mark's case, I think the same OCD that's responsible for him not wanting deliver the letter until it's perfect is also responsible for him always going the extra mile and partially responsible for us getting such great speakers at such great prices.</speculation> Regardless, Mark is a whole person and I accept him as such. I just don't want it to hurt the company.

yoder

« Reply #198 on: 6 Dec 2008, 04:40 pm »
I've had both delivery and quality issues with av123, but I'm still happy with them because of price/performance ratio.  Also I've been happy with customer service working through the issues.  It seems like Mark would only like to see positive posts (can't blaim him there), buit if I can't post about all experiences, positive or negative, I'm not going to post anything.

BillB

« Reply #199 on: 6 Dec 2008, 04:43 pm »
I think most of the problems have stemmed from electronics.

I love my speakers (10 currently +2 subs)....wouldn't buy an amp though.