Debut my system

Scottdazzle

Re: Debut my system
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jan 2007, 06:53 pm »
Dave,

After spending a great Saturday at your house with the MAAC, I can tell everyone that your system sounds even better than it looks. It did the best job doing justice to all kinds of music than any other system I've heard.  The top to bottom (and I do mean bottom) linearity was astonishing. You should patent the speakers.  Who would think that ribbon tweeters, ceramic mids, and aluminum woofers could blend so well?  Your work with crossovers and wiring was worth the trouble.

This was DIY taken past the limit of my imagination. Very well done.

Tell Allison the food was delicious and the hospitality was greatly appreciated.   

Scott

SWG255

Re: Debut my system
« Reply #21 on: 23 Jan 2007, 12:46 am »
Joules,

My thanks to you and Allison for such a pleasant and informative way to spend a winter's Saturday.

I arrived too late for lunch, although my buddy Scott got some.

I came with many questions and not a few ideas on how the DEQX would operate and what kind of sound a system using it would have. First, your non-conventional approach to audio reproduction, based on sound engineering principles and obviously many hours of study, is refreshing and spectacularly successful. Your system is dynamic, detailed, nuetral and completely non-fatiguing. I agree with previous comments that it sounded fine with all the different types of music we threw at it.  I would only wish for some way to playback music through the system while the PC was ripping a disc for eventual processing through Foobar and the DEQX. Even if that playback wouldn't be as fine as the eventual ripped and processed product, it would lessen the pain of grabbing all that fine music. :)

I was glad to hear a difference in your system with the VH Audio Flavor 4, but like you, I'd sure like a better understanding of why a power cable should make such a difference, especially in a system as refined as yours.

I'm also glad you got to the bottom of the silence at the end of the evening, and it was probably good the little glitch turned up, or you would've had to give Scott and i a rather firm boot to leave. (Just ask Woodsyi about that :) )

I am looking forward to coming back to play with the DEQX some more, I'm convinced that it can be used to tune your system to suit whatever mood you're in. It is wonderful that it is such a neutral playback device as is, but I think it can be tailored to deliver even more emotional satisfaction when you get used to handling the different playback curves possible with the DEQX.