SP2 feature request - volume limiting

lbouchard

SP2 feature request - volume limiting
« on: 5 Jan 2007, 12:41 am »
Hello James,
my wife and I had a new baby boy late last April and the kid now can move around and get on his feet. he is now "bright" enough to play with the volume control of my SP2. I was wandering if Drystone could integrate a volume limiting function into the firmware? my iPod has a feature like that. I understand that it might be very difficult to implement this feature with a consistent high volume limit across all the inputs but a imperfect solution is better than nothing...

thanks for giving some tough on this.

Louis

guest41324

Re: SP2 feature request - volume limiting
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2007, 04:04 am »
Glad Bryston isn't in the Toaster business.
A floor model, fork operated!

MOZ

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2007, 07:36 am »
Hello James,
my wife and I had a new baby boy late last April and the kid now can move around and get on his feet. he is now "bright" enough to play with the volume control of my SP2. I was wandering if Drystone could integrate a volume limiting function into the firmware? my iPod has a feature like that. I understand that it might be very difficult to implement this feature with a consistent high volume limit across all the inputs but a imperfect solution is better than nothing...

thanks for giving some tough on this.

Louis

And what is about education ?
I've got 2 little girls and none of them touches the SP2...
They've got their toys and i got mines  :green:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2007, 12:52 pm »
Glad Bryston isn't in the Toaster business.
A floor model, fork operated!

Yes and I never let my kids use forks in the toaster either - a low blow serendipity

james

lbouchard

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2007, 01:59 am »
James, So i believe the anser is No, Bryston is not interested in this feature... :(

my 8 months old baby boy is very attracted to the lights and knob on the SP2, and my guess is that it will take another 12-18 months to teach him not to play with the home teather system... obviously there is a difference between boys and girls!  :scratch:

If you don't see the point of this request, my guess is that you guys are spending too much time playing with your SP2 and not enough in your bed with your wives!!!  aa aa

caleb

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2007, 02:20 pm »
lbouchard,

I beleive you are approaching this from the wrong point of view.

I have had two children who were also interested in playing with my home theatre equipment, and also anything else they could reach.

I educated mine not to touch things and it worked like a charm.

Dont blame Bryston if you cant educate your own! :evil:

Oh and by the way - I dont think that Drystone make electonic equipment :duh: