Any good tech toy prices out there for New Years?

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Any good tech toy prices out there for New Years?
« on: 31 Dec 2006, 05:33 pm »
Yesterday I was cruising around BB and Compusa to see if they had anything on sale that I needed/wanted.

I was very disapointed in the prices and even availability of some products. It seemed that everything I would have bought yesterday as a casual/impulse buy was priced double what I had paid for it before, and/or was out of stock.

No SATA drive cables, Compusa would have sold them for $12
The 12 foot optical cable I bought last month in the XBox section was now $31, up from $20
All the UPSs had underwhelming features and were overpriced
No good blank media sales

But the Linksys wired Broadband Router BEFSR41 was on "sale" for $40 (I got it for 30 a few years ago)

This week I see little that is earth-shattering:

BB has FUJIFILM 15-Pack DVD+R Double-Layer Discs for $20

At Circuit City the XBox 360 wireless controller is $39
and the Live! 12 month Gold subscription is $39

Compusa has the Belkin 1500 VA UPS for $108 - It does not provide the sine wave but for what it does it is a good price. Not as nice as the APC version, but again the price is good.

Thump553

Re: Any good tech toy prices out there for New Years?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2007, 01:00 am »
Compusa has a 10/100 five port switch (Netgear) for $35 less $27 in two rebates, for a net cost of $8 plus tax.   Maybe not the flashiest thing, but it's just what I needed to convert my SB3 from wireless to wired mode (my wireless reception was spotty in certain weather).

Compusa also has a $38 deal on Windows XP (upgrade version) this week, if you can find it in stock.  For any Windows XP purchased before 2/27, you can get the equivalent version of Vista directly from Microsoft for a $10 shipping fee.  Personally I hoping for a great price somewhere on WinXP Pro so I can do this.

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
Re: Any good tech toy prices out there for New Years?
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2007, 04:44 am »
You need to check out fatwallet.com once a day.  http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/categories.php?start=0&catid=18
All the items you are seeking will eventually come up at significant savings.