interconnect suggestions for my mapletree ear + and grados 3

canali

The interconnect is for mapletree ear+ headphone amp, my NAD 710 and Grado SR325
(the interconnect is for between the Mapletree headphone amp and the NAD 710 integrated amp/receiver)

I'm about to receive the Ear + purist (using grado sr325 headphones)
and would really appreciate some sound advice on purchasing a good
interconnect cable compatible with this system.

Some I've done research on have been the Nordost Blue Heaven
and Harmonic Technology Precision Link.

Any useful suggestions (without breaking the bank) would be most appreciated.

I did post this on the mapletree group, too, btw.

Cheers
Joe
Vancouver (Olympics 2010) BC

Rush 'Hits' Digitally remastered 1984-1990 - CD

Kevin P

• http://www.diycable.com
interconnect suggestions for my mapletree ear + and grados 3
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2003, 04:10 pm »
canali:  

Giving specific advice on cables is hard to do.  There are just too many variables and unless I have specific experience with the equipment my advice would be somewhat meaningless.   Cables are seasoning and voodoo so when someone gives you concrete subjective perception of a cable I'd take it with a grain of salt.  There are generalizations that can be made but the only real way to know what is best for a given system is to try a lot of different cables.  

If you don't have the time, inclination or the money to experiment I'd suggest just getting a well engineered proven design and forget about it.  I like simple solid core twisted pairs with a shield.   I'm a big believer in copying what works and as long as you use good quality materials and construction you'r going to get good results.  You can spend a lot of time chasing you'r tail with different cables designs but they all have their trade-offs.  The solid core twisted pair + shield is cheap, proven and you have to spend a lot of money to better it.   Our Superlative uses all of the above recommendations and is what I use in my system and set-ups for audio shows.