Tube Vendors

MiamiBoy

Re: lesson learned
« Reply #180 on: 29 Mar 2019, 01:04 pm »
And to add another point to my lesson learned .... if a deal seems too good to be true it probably isn't. I was trying to buy two nos  tubes and I purchased them from the vendor because they were almost half the price that everyone else was asking for the tubes. The two tubes were DOA. Neither tube produced any sound. The vendor said "their policy is to only give a credit"  but he would give me a refund if I help him file an insurance claim, which I did. Then he said I needed to return both bad tubes at my expense, fully insured. That is when I decided it was best to open the issue with PayPal and not deal direct with the vendor.  Still waiting for it to work through the PayPal resolution process.
« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2019, 06:25 pm by MiamiBoy »

rick2546

Re: Tube Vendors
« Reply #181 on: 19 Jun 2019, 07:50 pm »
I have used a number of tube vendors over the years but would agree with many that Andy with Vintage Tube Services is fantastic.  His knowledge is exhaustive and he is a genuine pleasure when talking on the phone (imagine that, you actually get to talk to the business owner directly when you call!).  You might find some tubes cheaper on sites like ebay but you never know what you are getting.  Prices are fair and the products are the real deal. 

eichlerera1

« Reply #182 on: 1 Jul 2019, 03:04 pm »
Agree completely regarding VTS :thumb:
Andy is the Jedi Master when it comes to tubes!
Thru Andy I have retubed my ModWright Pioneer CD player and Anniversary Preamp, as well as my VTL 225 Monoblocks.
The only tubes that are not from Andy will be the JJ E34L output tubes which seem to have an unusual affinity for the VTL 225s.
He's not giving away his tubes, but rest assured you are getting the BEST and will be fully satisfied!

Paul Galli

eichlerera1

« Reply #183 on: 3 Jul 2019, 03:33 pm »
Any experience with Tube Museum?