MC 900 Foot Jesus

spectralman

MC 900 Foot Jesus
« on: 3 Jul 2003, 06:05 am »
This isn't a new CD by any means, came out in 1994, but is a good one.  The title is One Step Ahead of the Spider.  It is a decent recording, incredibly dynamic, and will test out your system's transient response and headroom.  The snare drum on But If You Go will peel the skin off your forehead and the bass on If I Only Had a Brain is a lease-breaker.  I originally heard this CD at a local shop.  On my old system, all Spectral/MIT and custom speakers with all Focal Audiom Drivers (2 12" woof's), the impact was scary to the point of eye-blinking.  But, the other great part of this CD is that some of the tracks have some incredibly funny words.  It may not be for everyone, but it is great fun to listen to.

Bill

JoshK

MC 900 Foot Jesus
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2003, 05:02 pm »
haha....I love MC 900 ft Jesus.  I had totally forgot about this band.  It was a favorite of the Indy highlight program on MTV, 180 minutes for a long time back in its day.

mgalusha

MC 900 Foot Jesus
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2003, 11:52 pm »
A friend turned me onto them a few years back. You are right about If I Only Had A Brain, I thought the neighborhood kids were in the house. :D

Mike