Okay. . Time to spill your cleaning secrets!

TRE

Re: Okay. . Time to spill your cleaning secrets!
« Reply #220 on: 7 Dec 2018, 11:12 pm »
Using a Record Dr. with the Record Doctor cleaning solution as some have already mentioned. It works great as far as I am concerned. Some really dirty LPs require a second or third pass. You hear a very noticeable difference in sound. This is my first cleaning machine so I have no other reference.

Not Insane

Re: Okay. . Time to spill your cleaning secrets!
« Reply #221 on: 6 Dec 2019, 09:14 pm »
I use warm tap water, dawn, and one of those flat "edger" paint brushes from Lowes or home depot. Those things really get into the grooves. I just put a squirt of soap on the brush and rub it around. I then apply water to the LP, lay it on a towel, and run the brush in circles around it a few times. More if it was exceptionally dirty (Goodwill finds fit into this category sometimes). I then rinse with warm plain tap water and dry somewhat with a towel. The only reason I dry it is because since I don't use distilled water, the less water that is left, the less residue is left.

This has worked wonders on some records. I'm talking dead quiet after using this. The most amazing was an old copy of Annie Get Your Gun from around 1960 with Doris Day. It sounds brand new and almost like a Sheffield recording. And it was a $.25 goodwill find.

BTW, this is my first post here. I couldn't find a "welcome new members" forum, so here I am...

Not Insane