For you who are following the LS-6/LS-9 thread on av123 forum...

TomS

Steve,

Please do call me if you decide to get out of those LS-9's and go for the MM3's :wink:

If I could buy new right now, I'd definitely go for that high gloss rosewood too.  Heck, I'd even drive my Avalanche up to your place again to listen, then haul them out of your basement for you to make room for Evolutions :thumb: 

hmmm...for this plot to work, I at least need to start thinking about some really attractive trade bait or raise some more cash soon.

Let us know how they sound in your room.  I'm sure they'll be fantastic.

Tom

MarkR7

Cool, cause, DAT"S what I figured, I have the Epiphany 12/12's now, but, just put in a deposit on the LS9's in High Gloss Rosewood, cause I needs mo bass :drool: :drool: :duh: :duh:boom boom boom

I heard the Evolution MM3's at the RMAF, along with most high end rooms, and really got a great education there.  I realized, MY room is at least 98% as good as the most insanely expensive sh*t there is in this obsessive hobby of ours, I just wanna get the other 2 percent :drums: :banana piano:

BTW, I am waiting for the Moscode too.  I needed to add it to my amp arsenal :drool: :duh: :thumb:along with my Wavelengths, Mactone, Dodds, ET :duh: :drool:

You are NUTZ, Steve!!!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Any updates concerning when they'll be shipping out to the first guys who preordered?  I'm anxious to see the finished product and hear some feedback from owners. :)

Big Red Machine

....and the Moscode will be a pleasant surprise for you.... :o

Roger that.  Mine's not going back! :guns:

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
We are not publishing a date at this time... too many variables... still waiting on the different driver manufacturers to get the boatload of drivers to us ;)  (25 pairs of LS9 need more than 1000 drivers to complete)

(we are trying for Q1 2007 but NO promises)

Sean

Any updates concerning when they'll be shipping out to the first guys who preordered?  I'm anxious to see the finished product and hear some feedback from owners. :)

johnnybravo

Couple-a quick comments.  I've heard the Alpha Ls's and was very impressed with the expansive soundstage and disarming, natural mids  from the old neo 8s.. Expect the LS6/9s to be even/much better.  Plan to get a pair depending on the ole Christmas bonus sitcheeation. 

Just curious because I didn't get an extended demo of the Alphas.  How did the LS6s do with a small, intimate 'solo' recording.   ie.  did/could they produce a solo acoustic guitarist 'proportioned' properly - ie. a real sized human sitting in a chair with a real sized guitar (vs. a Paul Bunyan sized guy with a guitar that stretches '4 feet to the outside of the speakers')?  I suspect that all is so, just wanted to check.

- 2nd - had a question about negating what I've heard discussed as 'comb filtering' (I'm sure Danny worked all this out)
- 3rd wanted to confirm that the lowish (1k?) crossover to the mids accounts for the spatiality and naturalness the midrange in the Alpha and the new LSs (I think Rick at Selah crosses his arrays up higher because the 'mids' are more covered by the standard drivers vs. the Fountek tweeters (I haven't heard any of those models) but I would guess that that type of design may have more 'sparkle' but lose some of the 'disappearing' ability ya get when the mids are handled by a much lower mass driver)
- 4th to ask Danny if had some preliminary response numbers for the highs of the 'new' Neo 8s (I remember somthing about the older ones rolling off above 15k or so.

Thanks. :drool:

alotaklipsch

Steve,

Please do call me if you decide to get out of those LS-9's and go for the MM3's :wink:

If I could buy new right now, I'd definitely go for that high gloss rosewood too.  Heck, I'd even drive my Avalanche up to your place again to listen, then haul them out of your basement for you to make room for Evolutions :thumb: 

hmmm...for this plot to work, I at least need to start thinking about some really attractive trade bait or raise some more cash soon.

Let us know how they sound in your room.  I'm sure they'll be fantastic.

Tom

Tom,

I will not be buying the evolutions, cause, as coll and nice as they are, they are still overpriced, but, check these out, I will have to suffer with in the meentime

http://picasaweb.google.com/tmoble/Stevewalls1213

These may be better than the evolutions too!!