Anyone on AC purchased the Marble 3.0s?

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Anyone on AC purchased the Marble 3.0s?
« on: 13 Nov 2006, 08:06 pm »
Just wondering about them...

jbgcpa

Re: Anyone on AC purchased the Marble 3.0s?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2006, 08:02 pm »
jqp,

I have a pair of marble 3.0s.  I use them as rears in my ht.  As such, they don't get much use and the demands put on them in this application is not challenging.

A friend made "L" shaped wall mounts from 3/4 inch plywood that is doubled.  The speakers are heavy and hanging them on the wall requires some thinking.  But they do look very cool up on the wall.  If you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them.
Jack

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2006, 09:41 pm »
One thing I did with my Teak Prism 3.0s was to use them as mains in my system, with 100watt monoblocks powering them. Obviously couldn't crnak them up , but easily got them up to "normal" listening levels. They sounded great, relatively speaking, and as I have said, friends through the Marble 9.0s were the connected speakers.

Wondering if you have exercised them in any way as stereo speakers with music, or compared them to other 3.0 series speakers?

Or compared them to the Marble or Ceramic 4.0s?

jbgcpa

« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2006, 12:13 am »
Sorry - they were bought for the sole purpose of being rears for ht. 

I have a marble 4.0 as a center speaker for ht.  It does a great job with dialogue.  Many have reported the 4.0 does a great job with music and if you add a sub is a great, economical combo.  Others have also reported there is no sonic difference between marble, synthetic marble and ceramic cabinets.

Jack

aggielaw

« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2006, 07:35 pm »
Do you have the columns for rear speakers?  Also, I assume your friend had to find the studs in the walls to mount the speakers - if they're heavy I'd be afraid they'd rip the sheatrock if the shelves weren't anchored to the studs.

How long did it take nOrh to get you your 3.0's?

jbgcpa

« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2006, 01:20 am »
Yes, the rears are the 3.0 columns.  Anchoring to the studs with large lag bolts is a must!

My experience with nOrh has always been great.  Everything was shipped immediately and well packaged.