Moscode 401 - MAGIC!!!

95bcwh

Re: Moscode 401 - MAGIC!!!
« Reply #40 on: 12 Nov 2006, 02:54 am »
This Moscode is really something, it makes a lot of my "previously un-listenable" recordings sounding really pleasant and natural now! For example, I didn't listen much to classical recording before, because my setup used to be lacking the right ambient. Some poor recordings, e.g. Miles Davis's "Kind of Blue" suddenly jump to live, all the details are still there, but the harshness was significantly reduced and I can listen to it over and over again. :green:

« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2006, 02:49 pm by 95bcwh »

95bcwh

« Reply #41 on: 12 Nov 2006, 02:49 pm »
George (Zybar), how do you like your new tubes in the Moscode? :wink:

jhm731

« Reply #42 on: 12 Nov 2006, 05:09 pm »
This Moscode is really something, it makes a lot of my "previously un-listenable" recordings sounding really pleasant and natural now! For example, I didn't listen much to classical recording before, because my setup used to be lacking the right ambient. Some poor recordings, e.g. Miles Davis's "Kind of Blue" suddenly jump to live, all the details are still there, but the harshness was significantly reduced and I can listen to it over and over again. :green:

You should tried an Aberdeen fully modded Tact 2150. 8)

PS- if you're into Jazz, here a great site: http://www.allaboutjazz.com/

95bcwh

« Reply #43 on: 13 Nov 2006, 02:10 am »
Well, I am very pleased with what Anthony has done to my Tact, his objective is to achieve the cleanest possible sound. I was at his home listening to his fully modified Millenium MK3 and I thought it sound awesome, however I also realized that we belong in different camp:- He likes accuracy and details, whereas I like a little bit of "noise" and "coloration". I felt that having his fully modified Tact 2.0S in my current setup is just nice, especially when combined with the Moscode it gives me just the right balance of musicality and details, adding another piece of highly accurate digital amp may be a little overkilled.

But I'm always open to experimenting, I can't speak for 2150 because I haven't heard them, you want to loan me your Tact 2150 so I can hear it? aa aa

tvad4

« Reply #44 on: 13 Nov 2006, 03:32 am »
Please let me know if you decide to replace the Moscode with the terrific Tact 2150. I know several people ready to buy a used 401HR.

95bcwh

« Reply #45 on: 13 Nov 2006, 03:35 am »
You are waiting for me to sell the Moscode??? If you can wait 20 years, I don't mind selling it at 30% discount. :lol: :lol:

Please let me know if you decide to replace the Moscode with the terrific Tact 2150. I know several people ready to buy a used 401HR.

jhm731

« Reply #46 on: 13 Nov 2006, 03:36 pm »
If you like a little bit of "noise" and "coloration," you won't like the 2150.  8)

Well, I am very pleased with what Anthony has done to my Tact, his objective is to achieve the cleanest possible sound. I was at his home listening to his fully modified Millenium MK3 and I thought it sound awesome, however I also realized that we belong in different camp:- He likes accuracy and details, whereas I like a little bit of "noise" and "coloration". I felt that having his fully modified Tact 2.0S in my current setup is just nice, especially when combined with the Moscode it gives me just the right balance of musicality and details, adding another piece of highly accurate digital amp may be a little overkilled.

But I'm always open to experimenting, I can't speak for 2150 because I haven't heard them, you want to loan me your Tact 2150 so I can hear it? aa aa

miklorsmith

« Reply #47 on: 13 Nov 2006, 05:42 pm »
Some poor recordings, e.g. Miles Davis's "Kind of Blue" . . .

Try the somewhat newly remastered version.  The sound quality is really great - they did an excellent job with the remaster, as with several other albums of his from the same period.

95bcwh

« Reply #48 on: 13 Nov 2006, 06:10 pm »
I was referring the to "remastered" versions. In fact I have two different versions - one you can get it at Amazon, the other one you can only get it from Japan.

The one done in Japan is slightly better.

Some poor recordings, e.g. Miles Davis's "Kind of Blue" . . .

Try the somewhat newly remastered version.  The sound quality is really great - they did an excellent job with the remaster, as with several other albums of his from the same period.