RMAF photos

gme109

RMAF photos
« on: 21 Oct 2006, 06:20 am »
Congratulations Rick and Brian, this is one of the best rooms I heard today. The sound was very open, smooth and engaging.

Rick the craftsmanship and aesthetics of your new speaker, I believe its called the 3D, is top notch, way to go :thumb:

yo2tup

Re: RMAF photos
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2006, 07:18 am »
beautiful! :o

EProvenzano

« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2006, 08:22 pm »
Very nice indeed!

Did anyone catch the driver compliment?
Thanks for the pics :thumb:

klh

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2006, 08:28 pm »
OMG. :drool:. That's one hell of a driver combination. Rick... for those that want to double duty as a home theater and 2 channel, one could easily get 5 or 7 of the upper cabinets and two of the lowers. That would truly be a world class surround setup.... and all you had to do was design the one loudspeaker... genious! The combo looks to be about 40" tall... sound about right? The cabinet is absolutely gorgeous, too. Oh... and it looks like the back of the upper cabinet is also open, but it's hard to tell... is that right?
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2006, 08:42 pm by klh »

klh

« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2006, 09:31 pm »
BTW, I love the bottom photo... I would definitely put a shot of them on your website with a view coming a bit down and from off to the side. Just enough to show the 3 dimensionality of the enclosures as well as the beauty of the craftsmanship.

gme109

« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2006, 09:37 pm »
OMG. :drool:. That's one hell of a driver combination. Rick... for those that want to double duty as a home theater and 2 channel, one could easily get 5 or 7 of the upper cabinets and two of the lowers. That would truly be a world class surround setup.... and all you had to do was design the one loudspeaker... genious! The combo looks to be about 40" tall... sound about right? The cabinet is absolutely gorgeous, too. Oh... and it looks like the back of the upper cabinet is also open, but it's hard to tell... is that right?

The ceramic midbass driver is an open baffle dipole design. The tweeter is a monopole design, in its own section, as well as the bass unit, which is ported. I guess that explains why the midrange is so open sounding. The midrange is a little more laidback than the Excelarrays, which I own, that use Seas magnesium midbass driver. Of course some of that could be the difference in electronics. Overall I believe Rick has a winner on his hands here.

Brucemck

« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2006, 10:45 pm »

These have a really nice sound.  Lots of detail, no harshness, great imaging, and really nice airy quality.  One of the best of the Show.

gitarretyp

« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2006, 11:39 pm »
Very nice indeed!

Looks to be a fountek neo 3, accuton c82, and aurasound ns10.

Really nice work, rick  :thumb:. The cabinet design is quite a bit better than my version.

Gordy

« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2006, 03:35 am »
The cabinet design is quite a bit better than my version.

You're not exactly slouching there yourself.   Really nice work, Gitarretyp :thumb:

ekovalsky

« Reply #9 on: 22 Oct 2006, 03:39 am »
Very, very nice design.

I assume that ribbon tweeter is padded way down to match sensitivity with the Accuton and particularly Aurasound drivers ?  I bet this would be a good speaker for active multi-amping.

Bemopti123

« Reply #10 on: 22 Oct 2006, 04:02 am »
I cannot but say WOW.  The top half seems to me to be a pseudo OB set up.  Very unusual, but heck, practical grill choice to allow to aesthetic as well sound purpose.  The craftsmanship seems tremendous, move over Verity and other larger manufacturers.  Only if I had less sets of speakers, I would be all over them.  BTW, how much?

JoshK

« Reply #11 on: 22 Oct 2006, 05:53 am »
Very, very nice design.

I assume that ribbon tweeter is padded way down to match sensitivity with the Accuton and particularly Aurasound drivers ?  I bet this would be a good speaker for active multi-amping.

If you ordered it with the C90/T6 you wouldn't need to pad it down all that much, since the C90/T6 is 93db.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #12 on: 22 Oct 2006, 02:07 pm »
The pics really don't do the cabinets justice.

I will be going back today for some more "fly" time.

George

EProvenzano

« Reply #13 on: 22 Oct 2006, 05:17 pm »
Very, very nice design.

If you ordered it with the C90/T6 you wouldn't need to pad it down all that much, since the C90/T6 is 93db.

Now you're talkin'!
I'm drooling over these designs and racking my brain for the ultimate design with the C90-T6... give me the strength to pull the trigger  :lol:

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 23 Oct 2006, 03:05 am »
I'm home from the RMAF tonite.  I heard and saw this system, and it was one of my top 3 of 4 there. 

klh

« Reply #15 on: 23 Oct 2006, 04:11 am »
Rick... come on... give us the scoop. What is the sensitivity of the tower and the upper section alone? Do you think it would be best to biamp the combo speaker? Also, please compare the sound/cost/design of the 3D vs gitarretyp's open baffle floorstander.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #16 on: 23 Oct 2006, 04:23 am »
I'm home from the RMAF tonite.  I heard and saw this system, and it was one of my top 3 of 4 there. 

I agree that this was one of the better rooms and continued to improve on Saturday and Sunday.

Mids and highs were nice and open (no pun intended), clean, and engaging.  Female vocals floated and had a very nice quality to them.

The bass was good, but was challenged a bit by the room.  In a little bigger room I am sure this speaker would strut its stuff in a more complete way.

The BC integrated had no problem driving the speakers and was a good match.

Thanks to Rick, Bryan, and the GIK guys for putting together a good room.

George

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #17 on: 25 Oct 2006, 12:38 am »
Very nice indeed!

Looks to be a fountek neo 3, accuton c82, and aurasound ns10.

Really nice work, rick  :thumb:. The cabinet design is quite a bit better than my version.

You're correct - those are the drivers.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #18 on: 25 Oct 2006, 12:41 am »
I cannot but say WOW.  The top half seems to me to be a pseudo OB set up.  Very unusual, but heck, practical grill choice to allow to aesthetic as well sound purpose.  The craftsmanship seems tremendous, move over Verity and other larger manufacturers.  Only if I had less sets of speakers, I would be all over them.  BTW, how much?

The top section is open on the rear and sides for dipole operation in the midrange. $5K for the speakers (includes shipping).

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #19 on: 25 Oct 2006, 12:45 am »

About 42" with the spikes for total height. The upper cabinet is open on the sides and back for true dipole midrange.