Room EQ Wizard Problems

klh

Room EQ Wizard Problems
« on: 19 Oct 2006, 05:18 am »
OK. I'm really annoyed. I'm trying to EQ my sub with the BFD 1124p but am having trouble setting up REW. For reference I also have the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum sound card.

The setup I have the wiring set so a stereo 1/8" plugged cable coming out of the LINE_IN on the back of the computer goes to the RS SPL meter (well... I guess it really goes in the opposite direction but you know what I mean). One of the RCA jacks plugs into the SPL meter and the other dangles. I have another stereo 1/8" plugged cable coming from the LINE_OUT on the back of the computer and have both RCA plugs on the other end plugged into the CD IN on the integrated. This was done to emulate the signal path going to the sub as well as to control the volume to the sub. I also kept the front R&L speakers set as small (so they cross over to the sub at 80Hz) but unplugged them. So, the EQ and ultimately the sub are getting the same signal they would get if the computer wasn't hooked up to the system.

With the physical implementation set up properly, I successfully set the measurement level to 75dB. Then I tried to set the Input Volume... and that is where it gets exciting. When the 75dB pink noise plays I have the Surround Mixer volumes set as follows:

The Master Volume is at 50% and unmuted.
The Source Wave is at 100% and unmuted.
The Source MIDI synth is at 0% but muted.
The Souce CD Audio is at 0% but muted.
The Source Line-In is at 100% and unmuted.
The Source Line-in 2/Mic 2 is at 0% but muted.
The Souce Microphone is at 0% but muted.
The Rec Analog Mix is at 67% and Record without Monitoring is selected.

With that done the "dB SPL" fluctuates around 67 dBs, the "Peak" fluctuates around -8dB and the "RMS" fluctuates around -18dB. That's great except the pink noise keeps playing and there's no OK button to press (and thus finish setting the input volume). The pink noise just keeps playing and the only way to stop it is to press Set Input Volume again. But, when I do that, it restarts the same process. The Set Input Volume butten stays red... I don't know what to do to move on. Can anyone help me?

ZooDog

Re: Room EQ Wizard Problems
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2006, 02:34 am »
Post this on the REW forum at hometheatershack.com.