Unfortunately some crappy metal...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 19 Jun 2003, 01:49 am »
I was pretty stoked to hear the new Impelliteri album, "System X"; it reunites Graham Bonnet (IMOHO, one of the greatest metal singers to ever draw breath) with Chris Impelliteri (80's metal guitar uber-wunderkind).  Their last album, "Stand In Line", is a towering work of metal genius for the ages.  Needless to say I had high hopes for the new one.

Turns out I needn't have wasted my time.  Complete and total crap.  No hooks to the songs, comical lyrics, stale music and (shockingly) hackneyed and totally uninspired guitar playing.  

Avoid this one like AIDS.

duff138

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?set_albumName=album18&op=modload&name=gallery&file=in
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2003, 12:52 am »
Is the record titled  "Impelliteri" good.  I won an auction several months ago and it had this in it.  I never bothered putting it on.  I'll have to check it out tomorrow.  
  I had won two killer auctions from the same guy.  The title of his auction were "Lot of 10 Heavy Metal Records".  He never mentioned any band names in the titles so a lot of people over looked it.  I paid less then $10 for each auction.  It was full of some killer stuff. Metallica "Kill 'em All, Slayer "reign in Blood" and "South of Heaven", plus it had a few of the glam metal and lighter metal bands too, so I did not bother listening to it, but I'll give it a spin now.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2003, 01:12 am »
If by "Impelliteri" you mean his debut EP w/Bob Rock, yeah that's a pretty good one; really raw, not lyrically brilliant, not super inventive, just pure guitar firepower.  That EP and "Stand In Line" are really the only good things he ever did, though, IMO.