How do you burn-in amplifier without listening to it?

Fiji5555

Re: How do you burn-in amplifier without listening to it?
« Reply #40 on: 22 Sep 2006, 10:52 pm »
My God you people obcess way too much about your audio equipment. Just listen to the music and stop straining to hear every little nit picky thing you "think" you are hearing......"don't worry be happy"

95bcwh

« Reply #41 on: 22 Sep 2006, 11:25 pm »
Too bad.. I've just been infected with the "audiophile" disease for less than a year, the virus is still at large for the time being.. :icon_lol:

My God you people obcess way too much about your audio equipment. Just listen to the music and stop straining to hear every little nit picky thing you "think" you are hearing......"don't worry be happy"

Scotty

« Reply #42 on: 22 Sep 2006, 11:41 pm »
Why should two solid state amplifiers whose output impedance is sufficiently low
as to cause no frequency  response variations in a loudspeaker that is driven by them require two different room correction curves for the same loudspeaker in the same location. I could see this happening if the second time a room measurement
was taken the microphone wasn't in precisely the same physical location to within a millimeter in three dimensions. Comb-filtering effects will dominate your measurements as the frequency gets higher and the wavelengths get ever shorter.
Scotty

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #43 on: 23 Sep 2006, 12:14 am »
Why should two solid state amplifiers whose output impedance is sufficiently low
as to cause no frequency  response variations in a loudspeaker that is driven by them require two different room correction curves for the same loudspeaker in the same location. I could see this happening if the second time a room measurement
was taken the microphone wasn't in precisely the same physical location to within a millimeter in three dimensions. Comb-filtering effects will dominate your measurements as the frequency gets higher and the wavelengths get ever shorter.
Scotty

Why do to amps that have the same specs sound different?

George

Scotty

« Reply #44 on: 23 Sep 2006, 12:39 am »
One potential reason is that their distortion spectrum's differ from one to another.Their frequency response characteristics driving a pair of loudspeakers can be identical and they will still sound different from one another for the above reason. A different correction curve will only deal with a frequency response difference between the two amps and will not effectively address the difference in the distortion spectrum between the two amps which is an inherent characteristic of differing designs. If one of the two amps craps out driving a loudspeaker and produces transient distortion phenomena a correction curve won't help this much either.
Scotty

LightFire

« Reply #45 on: 23 Sep 2006, 02:01 am »
Here we go again:

There is no need to burn in amplifiers (maybe for a fraction of a second only).

gitarretyp

« Reply #46 on: 23 Sep 2006, 04:53 am »
Here we go again:

There is no need to burn in amplifiers (maybe for a fraction of a second only).

Indeed... Though i'm of the belief electronic components do need some burn-in, most definitely need some time to "warm up," ie thermally stabilize.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #47 on: 23 Sep 2006, 05:04 am »
Barry :
The easy way....just send it to me....I'll play it for a month....then send it back to you.... :lol:
I think that's easy..... 8)
Goes for anyone else that needs a burn in..... 8)
                                    Chris

95bcwh

« Reply #48 on: 23 Sep 2006, 06:09 am »
Chris,
  LOL... if only I can find a vendor that gives 60 days home trial policy.. aa

barry

Barry :
The easy way....just send it to me....I'll play it for a month....then send it back to you.... :lol:
                                    Chris

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #49 on: 23 Sep 2006, 06:15 am »
Chris,
  LOL... if only I can find a vendor that gives 60 days home trial policy.. aa

barry

Barry :
                                    Chris
OK. Barry...but I'm ready, willing, and able....and I'll pay shipping back to you....( I can hear plenty of stuff this way.. :lol:)

Chris