Checked out the Norah Jones concert last night....

Shawn

« on: 18 Jun 2003, 10:44 pm »
Hey all!  I caught Norah Jones at the Regency Amphitheatre here in Cary, NC last night, and it was great!  I picked up her cd a few months back, and my wife and I both thought it was pretty good.  She really wanted to see her live, so I got tix, and I'm glad I went.  Her voice was top form, I really think it's very disctinctive and sexy(better not let the wife see that), and her band was tight.  They playing some cool covers, from the Stones, to Hank Williams, needless to say I was highly entertained.  If she comes around your area, check her out.  The tix weren't cheap, and I was just hoping that the show wouldn't suck, and I was pleasantly surprised.  Gillian Welch opened up, and I need to run out and pick up some of her stuff as well.  Sorry for rambling.

Shawn

byteme

« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2003, 02:10 am »
Good to hear!  We've got tickets to see her here in Milwaukee in a couple weeks.  Unfortunatley, Gillian Welch stops opening for her at the end of June!  Damn shame because I really like her.  My wife and I also love the Nora disc - it's in the CD player 50% of the time that any music is playing!

bob82274

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2003, 02:27 am »
She was in Charlotte this week.... too bad they were sold out.   :(