EFE Technology Speakers

TheeeChosenOne

EFE Technology Speakers
« on: 17 Jun 2003, 10:58 pm »
Ok guys.  I posted all this info. on another thread but it deserves it's own thread for future reference.   (BTW, I have no affiliation/bias with this company.  Just posting the facts of this apparently highly reputable company for future referenc, as the only way to get this information is thru email from Mr. Frias.)

Cheers.

===============================================

EFE Technology speakers are supposed to be amazing for their asking price and compete with speakers many times their price.  FYI, Ed Frias, the designer, has an amazing reputation with cross-over design--the heart of the speaker.  Thus, it's no surprise that his customers rave about his products.

For instance, the $1000 T-22 bookshelf has been favorably compared to the $6k JM Labs Mini Utopia and $4k JM Reynaud bookshelf.  Clear, crisp, dynamic and life-like is what they're described as.

The little $1500 T-35 floorstander has deep, tight bass (20hz @ -8db) and has replaced B&W $8k Nautilus floorstanders in users homes.

The ~$890 B-15 bookshelf (45 hz bass) has also been favorably reviewed against Revel m20 and B&W's stuff at $2k.

The monster T-60 has been also favorably compared to speakers costing $20k+.

I have email chatted with MANY EFE's customers to see if they're the real deal, and apparently, according to them, they are!  Take it for what it's worth, but the EFE's carry a fanatical following like VMPS or Onix.  Email the reviewers at www.audioreview.com and you'll see what I mean.

Only one caveat:   [/b]
Ed "Mr. Crossover" Frias, won't let you audition them via mail.  You buy them, you keep them is his policy.  Look at audioreview.com for ratings.  His speakers are emphatically well reviewed--all 5* ratings.

==============================================

Company Information from His Emailed Catalog

[Admin note: Copied text removed. Please see http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/faq.php#9]

Ferdi

EFE Technology Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2003, 10:10 am »
Hi Chosen One, I moved this post to Market Square as I felt it was too commercially flavored for a general posting. Interesting to have this in one place and of interest to quite a few, I am sure.

MaxCast

EFE Technology Speakers
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2003, 01:37 pm »
I have never heard Ed's speakers, but I did have him do the crossover work on a pair of BIC's.  The result was truly night and day.  I have a second set that are mounted as front effects that I will have the same done if I ever remove them from their current location.

I hope Ed drops buy and checks out our community. :)