amp for essences?

enigma7

amp for essences?
« on: 27 Aug 2006, 07:40 am »
i am currently running the essence Vs, C, and a pair of onwall emeralds off a Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXi which sounds great but im wondering if adding an external amp would help. does feeding the essences in general yield better results??

Mike Dzurko

• Facilitator
Re: amp for essences?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2006, 08:42 pm »
i am currently running the essence Vs, C, and a pair of onwall emeralds off a Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXi which sounds great but im wondering if adding an external amp would help. does feeding the essences in general yield better results??

A fine speaker like the Essence is really a window . . .  it lets through whatever is on the other side.  We design our speakers to be easy to drive, so just about anything can power them. Of course, the better the amp, the better they will sound.

BTW, I noticed your post in another circle regarding ICE power amps . . .  in my opinion ICE is an awesome technology, we use the big modules as the basis for our Maestro sub amp.  I haven't listened to that amp without the subwoofer front end, but I've spoken at length with a couple of the engineers who worked on this amp and they have used it full range and rave about it.
« Last Edit: 3 Sep 2006, 12:21 am by Mike Dzurko »