Cardas G-Master Ref cables

nate

Cardas G-Master Ref cables
« on: 27 Aug 2006, 03:59 am »
Hi Kevin,

I have tried to post a review at diycable.com for the G-master Ref interconnects that now fill my system, but the review link seems to not work.... More issues for your webmaster! Sorry!   I had the opportunity to compare the G-Master interconnects to top of the line Golden Reference from Cardas.   The biggest difference that was apparent was that the G-Master interconnects were considerably warmer than the Golden Ref.  There was also a slight loss of air and a softening of the deep bass.  With the addition of my new speakers (outlined below), the sonics of my system have never been better. 
I wouldn't say that the warmth of the G-Master cables is at all negative.  They sound that I'm getting now is warm and involving with great depth of detail.  I highly recommend them for anyone with solid state gear or highly revealing tweeters.  They get  :thumb: :thumb:

Nate

Squeeze box 3 (stock)
Nottingham Spacedeck with Ace Space arm
Shelter 301 low output MC Cartridge
Rogue Audio Magnum 66 LSR
Pass Pearl mm Phono stage with MC upgrade boards (wired internally with G-Master Ref)
Audio Research D-125 tube amp
Speakers are diy MTMs with Accuton C23-6 with a pair of Eton 7-372s in a 1.4ft^2 ported cabinet
The x-overs are second order with Goertz foil inductors (12awg for woofers and 16 for tweeters), all hovland caps and 15.5awg and 18awg cardas chassis wire connecting the guts together.
speaker cable is Kimber 8tc
All interconnects except tonearm wire (which is Van den Hull) are G-Master Reference. 

Kevin Haskins

• http://www.diycable.com
Re: Cardas G-Master Ref cables
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2006, 06:53 pm »
Thanks for the review Nate.   I love the G-Master Reference.   They are some of the best in the Cardas lineup in my opinion.    They where originally conceived for the proaudio market so they have great spec's.