HT3/HT-8 vs Apogees

Brittany

HT3/HT-8 vs Apogees
« on: 18 Aug 2006, 11:30 pm »
Just curious.  Has anyone here heard the HT-3 and/or the HT-8 side by side with Apogees?  If you have, how would they compare? 

flintstone

Re: HT3/HT-8 vs Apogees
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2006, 02:07 pm »
Which Apogees?...lots of different models and designs were in the line,  (at many price levels). There was: Fullrange ribbons, Ribbon hybrids, and the Grand series...each had several models.

I'll guess that your talking about the hybrids from the old Apogee line?

Dave

Brittany

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2006, 04:36 pm »
Well, any of the Apogees.  Just want to know if anyone has heard the HT3 or  HT8 and how they compare to the Apogees that you have heard or owned?

flintstone

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2006, 11:50 pm »
Those speakers could only campare with (maybe?) the bottom of the Apogee line)...Centaur Minor, maybe the Centaur?...The Centaur Major has a 40" ribbon and two 8" woofers.  The rest of the Apogee line cost "BIG BUCKS"...not fair. I own Apogee Duetta Signatures, they compare with a pair of speakers I listened to not long ago...VMPS RM/X's, $13,000 a pair if I recall.

The Apogee line was around 25 models....$85,000 at the top...around $1,500 at the bottom, the reason I asked which model you were looking at.

BTW...I've never listened to the HT's....I only needed to look at them.

Dave

RAW

« Reply #4 on: 4 Sep 2006, 06:20 pm »
Brittany.

Just back from a long needed vacation sorry for the late reply.

To compare or HT3 and HT8 against the Apogees.
Well which model are you looking at?

The HT8 plus the HT3 will be at RMAF if you are around Denver for that time frame.