BPLM on SP2

brucek

BPLM on SP2
« on: 10 Aug 2006, 11:15 pm »
I've seen this asked before but can't find it, so I'll ask.

I don't have the entry in the 'OS' (other settings) for BPLM or EX.

My unit is an upgraded SP > SP2.

Any ideas? Does something else need to be enabled to get either of these to show?

brucek

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BPLM on SP2
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2006, 11:53 pm »
I've seen this asked before but can't find it, so I'll ask.

I don't have the entry in the 'OS' (other settings) for BPLM or EX.

My unit is an upgraded SP > SP2.

Any ideas? Does something else need to be enabled to get either of these to show?

brucek

Hi Brucek,

BPLM is no longer a requirement of THX so we deleted it - it caused more problems than it solved anyway.

The EX setting in SP2 is not in OS menu anymore (changes in licencing) it is now a function of the MODE button settings. So make sure the BACK speaker(s) are engaged and hit the mode button to cycle through the options (EX, Music 6, Music 7).

Hit SAVE when you have the setting you want and t it will remember that setting for that specific input. You can also engage THX as well and go through the MODE settings as well.

james

brucek

« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2006, 12:33 am »
Thanks James.

OK on the BPLM.

Not quite sure I understand though where the setting is to cycle through THX EX (DISABLE, ON, AUTO), so as to control the back channels? I don't see EX, Music 6, Music 7 when cycling through mode.

brucek

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2006, 12:46 am »
There is no AUTO or ON or off for EX  - the back channel setting determines if the EX and Music 6 or Music 7 are available.

So you must have the back channels engaged under SPEAKER settings for the MODE button to cycle through the options.

james

brucek

« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2006, 01:03 am »
Yep, I see it now. Thanks...