Costner's Robin Hood on DVD

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 10 Jun 2003, 12:16 am »
I just saw in BB's flyer that there's a new version of "Robin Hood- Prince of Thieves" coming out Tues.  Now I actually will admit that I liked that movie, Costners' intermittent and comical 'English accent' notwithstanding.  But I hated the DVD; it was one of the earlies ones I saw, and for some inexplicable reason you have to flip it over halfway thru the movie!  AARRGGHHH!  I had longer films at the time that fit on one side.  So naturally I ditched it years ago.

Presumably this fatal flaw will be remedied in the new version.  Looks like a trip to BB is in order.

bubba966

« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2003, 12:33 am »
Flippers are so damn annoying. I only ever picked up one (Goodfellas), and I've not watched it but the once as I don't care for it.

I kinda liked that movie as well. Was mostly Freeman that I appreciated if I recall. Though I've not seen it in years so I don't recall it that well anyways.

So Rob, have you picked up xXx (SB) & Equilibrium yet? If not you should when you stop by BB tomorrow...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2003, 12:58 am »
I did get xXx (a couple weeks back, tho shamefully I haven't watched it yet :oops: ), haven't splurged on Equalibrium yet- better wait til payday!  Only so much $, and waiting is NOT an option where the Nora Jones SACD is concerned! :nono:

I see there's a repackaged Fast & the Furious marketed to try to recast Walker as the "star" of the franchise...good luck.  Sure, some guys will go see it for the car stuff, but personally without Vin I got no interest at all.

Wonder if that prequel to Pitch Black ever got off the ground?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2003, 04:00 am »
I saw equilibrium the other day, thanks for the rec, it was excellent.

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2003, 06:58 am »
Rob,

Picked up xXx SB but not watched it yet... :nono: Bad you! :lol:

I've actually not watched it yet either. Only watched a couple of scenes to check the differences between the SB & regular versions.

And you don't want to know how many movies I've bought, yet not watched them yet. :oops:

Quote from: Rob Babcock
Wonder if that prequel to Pitch Black ever got off the ground?

Now filming. See http://us.imdb.com/Title?0296572 Gonna have to wait a year though... :(

Quote from: Rob Babcock
haven't splurged on Equalibrium yet

That's not a splurging film. You NEED it! :wink: :mrgreen:

Tell you what. You pick it up on your next trip to BB. If you watch it and feel that you wasted your $20, I'll buy it off you for $20. You've got my address, so you know where to send it if you don't care for it.

Quote from: Tyson
I saw equilibrium the other day, thanks for the rec, it was excellent.

Glad you liked it. I figured you probably would.