New Loudspeaker

seadogs1

New Loudspeaker
« on: 25 Jul 2006, 03:22 pm »
I understand Bob is co-developing a loudspeaker for Nuforce. Will the new technology spill over to the SP line with a new model? Any info that can be released for either speaker?

Thanks!

Double Ugly

Re: New Loudspeaker
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2006, 06:46 pm »
I understand Bob is co-developing a loudspeaker for Nuforce. Will the new technology spill over to the SP line with a new model? Any info that can be released for either speaker?

Thanks!

Hi seadogs1,

Other than a new, smaller 6" waveguide and the layered Baltic birch cabinet construction, there is no new technology to speak of in the NuForce effort.  Virtually all other aspects of the design is the same as that found in the Millennial Reference Series, just tailored to match the aesthetic and performance desires specified by NuForce. 

Secondly, a "new model" has already grown from this project, and it was introduced - complete with specifications - in this thread. 

As for the NuForce speaker, I'm sure Casey or Jason will tell everyone all about it as soon as it's ready for prime time.  An announcement or acknowledgement of some type may be made here, but I would keep an eye on the NuForce circle for the latest developments.

Hope this helps.

-Jim