GK-1 attenuator options?

econ

GK-1 attenuator options?
« Reply #20 on: 19 Jun 2003, 03:36 pm »
Echidna thanks for the apology  ,  I accept and it was good of you to offer it

In answer to your questions:

What was YOUR reaction when you read that Hugh's boards were missing?

What makes you think I am out to character assasinate everyone at the AKSAfest?

My reaction when I read Hughs post was one of sadness since when I lose things that are important to me its very annoying . And it was clear  from the way Hugh spoke at the Aksafest that ahuge amount of work has gone into the GK1

The venue the Aksafest was held in had its nook and crannies . We shifted furniture, moved between various rooms so I assumed the PCBs could have been somewhere in the venue.

The folks I met on the night , strangers to me before that night except through the forum were fellow travellers so I found it impossible to even think that any of them might have stolen anything. And there was some extremely expensive stuff there, but there was an atmosphere of trust.

I dont think or believe that you intended to character assasinate but the suggestion  that someone/anyone  there may have been a thief and that a pox MIGHT be cast on ANY of the people who were there took me aback to say the least. Its not in the spirit of this forum and the AKSAfest. Its time for me to take a big breath and a pill.         Cheers

Grumpy_Git

GK-1 attenuator options?
« Reply #21 on: 19 Jun 2003, 06:18 pm »
Can we now call a truce and leave this alone.

Econ, I dont know how you view the site but I feel most social comments (ie. non Aspen equipment related) to be very tongue in cheek, hughs distinct cheeky and good natured personality seems to be a good indication to.

text is never the best way to indicate emotion without a good autor and several pages of writing.

I love all of you even the nasty little lost key/glasses/sock/etc... monster who moved Hughs GK1 borads while he wasnt looking, as I'm sure Hugh will attest he knew where he left them, the little goblin had just moved them!  :evil:

play nicely,

Nick. :D  :D  :D

AKSA

GK-1 attenuator options?
« Reply #22 on: 19 Jun 2003, 10:03 pm »
ENOUGH!!  PLEASE!!    :finger:

Econ, Echidna was a little hasty, but it was me who broadcast the information in the first place!  Echidna is an outgoing man who is afraid of no one, and speaks his mind - commendable!  I never suggested theft, but I was utterly confused as to what had happened, and I guess I put it in such a way that his interpretation was understandable.  We were perplexed because no one person had been assigned to look after all this hardware on the night, so when I said we couldn't find it, the reasons for that could have been anything.  The boards were handed around at random, and Glen's suggestion was not unreasonable, particularly as he was not there.  However, people are endlessly unpredictable.  And bear in mind his response was half joking anyway...

But all this is over;  the situation is academic.  Let's not dwell on it.  The boards are found, and everyone is happy.   :thankyou:   I was not too concerned, as we both take pains to ensure there are always duplicate copies of all designs in the event of loss (or accidental HDD deletion - always on the cards.   :oops:

In all this, my thanks go out to Mal, whose legendary adventuresome spirit entering his son's room is to be commended.  My condemnation goes out to Hugh, whose keen mind but decaying memory seems to be more of a problem than ever......... :banghead:

Cheers,

Hugh