Aksonics update

Propstuff

• http://www.propstuff.com.au
Aksonics update
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jun 2003, 07:56 am »
Just don't go for any of the metal diaphragms. I have yet to hear a speaker where they do not sound awful

Ah!, but you havn't heard MY speakers :-D  ........but Hugh has ;-)

AKSA

Aksonics update
« Reply #21 on: 13 Jun 2003, 12:56 pm »
And they are very good, too.  With that marvellous Transmission Line Base, muscular, yet musical.........

But o!!!  the drivers, soooooo expensive.

Speaking of propstuff, any of you guys interested in Light Aircraft, AND diesel engines?

If so, check this out, I think it's absolutely wonderful, and no doubt Lycoming will crush this little company:

www.deltahawkengines.com

Cheers,

Hugh

PS:  Finished all three pcb instructions for the GK-1R today, only have the BOM, interconnections and a little cleaning up to do and the documentation is done!!  AND, pcbs will be finished and ready end of next week, a few niggling bits, and we're done!!

Rocket

aksonic choices
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jun 2003, 01:58 pm »
hello hugh,

when you have the alternative xover designed and built with the xt vifa tweeter i will buy the aksonic kit.

i've heard many good comments about this tweeter and with ron's expertise i'm sure it will be a winner.   i will be watching with interest, just don't let pat know i'm going to buy another kit from you.

btw my nirvana should be finished this weekend with a bit of luck.  my techie friend had a little chuckle when he saw my soldering effort, he indicated i applied too much heat, oh well may'be next time i can tackle diy.  lucky i only tried to replace the output wire to the rca and not the nirvana upgrade :)

best wishes

rocket